Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Factory alarm ?!? or lack of should I say Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
tjjtande

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 11 2005 at 11:31am | IP Logged Quote tjjtande

Mine has a alarm. I've set it off a few times by accident. It has a motion detector also. LE and XE come standard with a alarm.

I have a factor alarm on my LE. I set the alarm and jumped in the bed to grab something and it went off.

I have a 2004 LE CC, off road and big tow package,  The XE'S & LE'S do come standard with the factory alarm, this is what they call NVIS and Vehicle Security System,according the owners manual pages 2-20 & 2-21 the only way to activate the alarm is to open the door without the key or keyfob, even if the door is unlocked by using the inside lock knob, or the power door lock swithch (curious to see why some set off the alarm by motion also, my Harley will do that but not my Titan. The book doesn't metion anyhting about motion.

After locking my doors with the key fob and waiting for the security light to start blinking fast I tried to see if it had a motion detector also, IT DOES NOT, jumped up and down on the hitch and also tried rocking the vehicle sideays, could tip the vehicle over on the side and the alarm will not go off, must be an option that I didn't know about!!!!!!!

Back to Top View tjjtande's Profile Search for other posts by tjjtande

pied_piper
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 11 2005 at 12:11pm | IP Logged Quote pied_piper

As far as I know, Titan's don't come with an alarm unless they state that they do. I have keyless entry and such, but no alarm. But I knew it had no alarm, so I'm wondering if just certain combinations of trim lines and pkgs offer the factory alarm. I have accidently set off the panic alarm a few times, but thats about it.
Back to Top View pied_piper's Profile Search for other posts by pied_piper

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 11 2005 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

Assuming my 04 Titan brochure and owners manual are correct, it shows:

the vehicle security system and immobilizer system, are both standard features for the SE and LE models in both the KC and CC.

they are optional features for the XE Crewcab

they are not avail for the XE Kingcab.

this is an excerpt from the owners manual: "...The vehicle security system provides visual and audio alarm signals if parts of the vehicle are disturbed....The alarm is activated by: opening a door w/o using the key or keyfob (even if the door is unlocked by using the inside lock knob or power door lock switch)...The Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System will not allow the engine to start w/o the use of a registered NVIS key..."     For more info see your owners manual page 2-19 thru 2-21. 

pied_piper
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 11 2005 at 2:01pm | IP Logged Quote pied_piper

Oh. So my KC SE has an alarm of some sort?
Back to Top View pied_piper's Profile Search for other posts by pied_piper

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 11 2005 at 5:45pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

From the info I found yours should have it...I didnt read anything about it having a "shock sensor" so I doubt rocking the truck or jumping on the bumper will do anything tho.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version