Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Oil Change Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
bilter

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 30 2004 at 3:11pm | IP Logged Quote bilter

Oil change frequency has a lot to do with driving habits and conditions.  A lot of dirt roads = more frequent changes, many short trips= more frequent changes.   I'm lucky enough to work at a manufacturing facility that has ists own oil analysis lab so I can have it tested when I want to check for sedimant, wear particals, acidity visocity etc. If you drive you truck on tared raodways and drive at least 10 miles after initail start up so everything is up to temp an oild change every 4k with regular oil is more than enough (form my experience).  The biggest advantage to the sythetics is its viscosity holds up longer becasue it is more resistant to thermal break down (just like th comercial says).
Back to Top View bilter's Profile Search for other posts by bilter

CGreenTitan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jul 28 2004 at 1:22pm | IP Logged Quote CGreenTitan

My first oil change was at 1200 mi. Had a lot of metal in the oil in the pan. Went with Royal Purple 5w-30. 2200 mi trip from Houston to Durango and back, running mostly between 75 and 80 mph with no oil loss. Will change mine again @5000 and then 5k intervals after that. That is in the middle of NIssans  recommended 3750-7500 mile range. Worked ok for my 1990 Max (212,000) and now with my 2000 Max (106,000 mi  and climbing) Neither car used/uses any oil between changes.
The thing I was supprised at is the Titan and the Max use the same oil filter. I wouild have expected that the Titan to have a larger filter. My 6cyl Ranger used a one qt filter. Maybe I'll install a duel filter bypass system from Amsoil.
Back to Top View CGreenTitan's Profile Search for other posts by CGreenTitan

ArkTitan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 01 2004 at 11:13pm | IP Logged Quote ArkTitan

I will be changing at 5000 miles.  Done so with other cars and trucks and no problems.  Changing the first time too soon could give your engine trouble breaking in.  They don't put break in oil in new engines anymore.  Corvettes come from the factory with Mobile 1 and they break in just fine if not changed too soon. 

If it makes you feel better to change sooner it's just money.  Can't hurt after firat change.   

Back to Top View ArkTitan's Profile Search for other posts by ArkTitan

Joker

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 06 2004 at 12:18am | IP Logged Quote Joker

I work for a shop and we sale Royal Purple.
It is pretty good stuff, It is has proven facts on increase you gas while lowering your engine temp. It is also a 12,000 mile oil just change the oil filter every 3,000 and top it off. My truck preforms better.
Back to Top View Joker's Profile Search for other posts by Joker

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version