Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Warped Rotors Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
IQ9*

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 11 2004 at 10:43am | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

Well, the rotors have been called undersized for the size/weight of the truck and also too thin but thats just Nissan engineers chating. Look for the fix in late 05 close to the 06 release. The rear dif cover is the first of these fixes and guess what the new 05s have the cover but not the early ones-too bad for the people who couldn't wait. Stoping too late....That must have been the reason why Nissan in their warm hearts decided to give the owners of Skylines(G35) a 3year 36k warr. for not knowing how to brake properly while they changed the pad material and the rotor thickness for all later models. Nissan has a problem and knows about it thats why they have a 14 inch rotor design for the fronts and they are now trying to adapt that to the current caliper configuration. I won't be ginger with the brakes as that is not what they are there for. Ford and Chevy do not have this issue so why Nissan? Ford and Chevy owners are not nicer to their brakes. Its the braking system and its design...flaws. Nissan will get this corrected as Toyota did as they suffered the same problem on the Tundras and Landcrusiers. Its just time. If you want more info on this issue lurk around Titan Talk, some of the members seem to have their fingers on the answers.

IQ9*

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 11 2004 at 2:34pm | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

Sorry if my rant pisses anyone off but I have heard the dealer give me the speach about abusing the brakes and I will not have it. Nissan already admitted it has a problem so whats the idea to blame the owners for a design flaw or cut corner or just being cheap with materials or.....the list can go on and on. None of use are to blame its just a bad design and Nissan WILL fix it for their own good.

StageMan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 11 2004 at 7:34pm | IP Logged Quote StageMan

I started noticing this problem with mine at about 10,000 miles. I didn't think much of it but I mentioned it to them when I had the tires rotated last. This was after the TSB came out on this issue and so they did the corrective work right then. It was amazing how much of a difference it made in my stopping. You don't realize how bad it is until they fix it.

As for brake pad life, I had an '01 Ford Escape before my Titan. Not only did I have to replace the pads at 12,000 miles, I had to replace the rotors because they were too far gone to resurface. Funny thing was, I never had any of the symptoms that you would expect. Of course, Ford didn't cover a penny of the repairs. Hense, my last Ford.

IQ9*

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 11 2004 at 9:01pm | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

Thats good you had no "jitter" but bad they went out after 12k. I just have way too much experience with Nissan and their brakes as of late-'03 350,'03 G35 and '04 Titan. 

DOBBER
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 12 2004 at 3:10pm | IP Logged Quote DOBBER

Just got my truck back yesterday for repair on the same issue. My service advisor told me that Nissan was aware of the problem.

Turned rotors,new pads, and some sort of caliper bracket kit he explained to me. So far so good.

Cronus
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 12 2004 at 11:41pm | IP Logged Quote Cronus

My TItan has over 13k miles on it and has had the vibration now for 2 or 3k. I took it to my dealer and they told me the same story about the brakes not being "beefy" enough to handle the big truck. My replacement kit is on order.

My Titan @ SLLAR.com
Back to Top View Cronus's Profile Search for other posts by Cronus Visit Cronus's Homepage

costlydakota

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 13 2004 at 5:48pm | IP Logged Quote costlydakota

My truck made it for 2,800 miles and then went to crap. Nissan replaced them and installed the 'caliper kit',  I hit 4,000 miles today, so only time will tell if the fix works.  By the way, this is the first vehicle I have had brake problems with, so I doubt it is my driving style. Later, Costlydakota

Back to Top View costlydakota's Profile Search for other posts by costlydakota

syntrix

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 14 2004 at 7:58am | IP Logged Quote syntrix

My dealership knew of the problem. I stopped by on a monday with the day off and they took care of the problem right away.

They only resurfaced the rotors, didn't replace 'em :(

alaskanspawn

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Nov 15 2004 at 2:03pm | IP Logged Quote alaskanspawn

For those of you still wondering, it IS a known issue and the dealer should fix it no questions asked.  I took mine in for another issue and had them turn the rotors and replace whatever else they thought it needed even though I wasn't really feeling the brake juddering.  They fixed it without giving me any hassle.  The small juddering I was feeling has gone away and stayed away so far.  If you dealer is giving you any hassles you should report them and find another Nissan dealer to fix this issue.  Refer them to this TSB if they give you any BS http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2004/ NTB04-066.htm

Onelowmini

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Nov 24 2004 at 11:14am | IP Logged Quote Onelowmini

Dont just let the dealership turn the rotors. Make them replace them
because when you go in for your REAL brake job then you will have to
replace them and that will cost a pretty penny. I have the new brake
kit, new rotors and pads, Still shaking but I think this time it is in the
rear.
Back to Top View Onelowmini's Profile Search for other posts by Onelowmini

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>