Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Warped Rotors Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
heatnut

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 27 2004 at 9:04am | IP Logged Quote heatnut

My 2004 Nissan Titan Crew cab 8000 miles started getting a shudder from the brakes after highway use, dealer said there was a tech bulletin on the brakes.

Replaced rotors and pads and some other stuff, were going to turn rotors on the truck per the TB, but I did not want turned rotors on my two month old truck. so they replaced rotors.

Friend has same truck same problem.

nutech

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 29 2004 at 7:13pm | IP Logged Quote nutech

Heatnut,

Others have been taking about the rotors problems for both the Titan and Armada.

http://www.nissantitan.info//forum_posts.asp?TID=882&T PN=1

Take a look at http://www.appliedrotortechnology.com

Back to Top View nutech's Profile Search for other posts by nutech Visit nutech's Homepage

goloso30

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 30 2004 at 6:29pm | IP Logged Quote goloso30

I just wanna say that if there's anything about a car that bothers me it's crappy brakes.

I have 7,000 miles on my Titan at around 2,000 miles I started getting the shaking in the steering wheel thing. So I took it to the dealer and they re-surfaced the rotors and sent me on my marry way. The truck seemed fine. Now at about 7,000 miles it's shaking again and everyday the shaking gets worse. At highway speeds it seems that if I need to I wouldn't be able to break on time. And during stop and go traffic I feel like I want to just break something. I called the Nissan dealer he asked me to come down and they'll resurface them again I said no I want new rotors apparently the factory rotors are defective he said okay but that theres a 1-2 month waiting list ....

Back to Top View goloso30's Profile Search for other posts by goloso30

nutech

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 30 2004 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote nutech

We don't see it as a "defect" Goloso. Too many owner see the same thing with their trucks. Ford, Dodge, GM Toytoa etc.

We have re-engineered the brake pads materials using Carbon and Kevlar. Next, we machine the rotors to add our gas-ports and finally cryo-threat the rotors to reduce their austenite and porosity properties of their cast iron.

http://fordtrucks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265727
 http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat= &Board=UBB16
http://fordtrucks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262823

http://www.appliedrotortechnology.com

Back to Top View nutech's Profile Search for other posts by nutech Visit nutech's Homepage

HattonImaging

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 04 2004 at 8:59am | IP Logged Quote HattonImaging

SteveT wrote:

I've had the braking/vibration problem since almost new. Just brought it in today because the brakes were squealing with only 30K miles on the truck. They ground the rotors and need to replace the pads, at 30K miles!!!!! And won't cover it under warranty. My lawyer will be contacting the dealer tomorrow. This is a manufacturer defect. And now I read that the rear ends are burning up! Great! I expected more from Nissan.

This is from the warrenty book, Also, I am almost possitive that the life span for brake pads an average are 20k to 25k. I hope it works out for you but might be a tough one to win.

This warranty does not cover normal maintenance services

as specified in your NISSAN SERVICE & MAINTENANCE

GUIDE such as engine tune-up; cleaning and polishing;

wheel alignment; headlight aiming; replacement of filters,

replacement of windshield wiper inserts, lubricants, coolant;

worn brake shoes, pads, drums and rotors and worn clutch disc.

Rocket67

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 06 2004 at 12:28pm | IP Logged Quote Rocket67

Shuddering is not normal at 7K miles though....warranty should replace the defective parts.  Hopefully I won't have the same problems because I HATE it.  My Altima started at about 40K miles but that was to far gone for warranty. 

Cronus
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 06 2004 at 2:00pm | IP Logged Quote Cronus

Rocket67 wrote:

Shuddering is not normal at 7K miles though....warranty should replace the defective parts.  Hopefully I won't have the same problems because I HATE it.  My Altima started at about 40K miles but that was to far gone for warranty. 

I'm coming up on my 15k service. My dealer currently has the parts for the brake upgrade on order. I have yet to pay a single cent since signing the papers on my Titan almost a year ago. My dealer is warrenting the brakes as an engineering mistake.

My Titan @ SLLAR.com
Back to Top View Cronus's Profile Search for other posts by Cronus Visit Cronus's Homepage

adjmcloon

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 07 2004 at 4:17pm | IP Logged Quote adjmcloon

Hello all,

New member here- just found the forums.

Rumor is Nissan is going to replace the brakes on Titans and Armadas come April or so of 2005.  A post from another forum:

"Nissan/Infiniti are aware of the Brake problems, and are set to implement a bigger brake caliper & rotor in early April 2005. This is the time that the line will start producing vehicles with the upgraded brakes. Then you will see a TSB for the thousands of owners of these and the Titans and Armadas. The engineers also found out that there was a problem with the proportioning valve in the Master cylinder, basically the fronts were doing to much of the braking. This has already been addressed, just waiting for the factory testing to conclude, and the suppliers to get ready for the thousands of rotors and calipers that will be needed once they go live with the upgrades. Hope this helps."

So there you have it.  Others have been hearing this as well- I've been reading it all over the net.  We'll see...

My Armada has had two brake TSB's done.  The 2nd one has really seemed to help.  Brakes feel perfect now.  We'll see how long they last.
Back to Top View adjmcloon's Profile Search for other posts by adjmcloon Visit adjmcloon's Homepage

scooter
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 15 2004 at 1:25pm | IP Logged Quote scooter

Well, I had my Titan in today for the second time for the brake problem. The kick in the pants was #1 the dealer just re-surfaced the rotors and #2 tried to charge me for it. I still love my truck but this is getting old. Has anyone tried a set of cross drilled or slotted rotors? If so did it help. The last post is good to know at least they know Nissan knows they have a serious problem with the brakes, unfortunately the dealer network in my area seem to be out of the loop. I did however refer the service manager to our website in hopes of waking the fellow up to some of the problems we are having.  

SLDHED

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 15 2004 at 3:18pm | IP Logged Quote SLDHED

Dennis Dillon in Boise Idaho just told me today that there was no problems with the brakes.  The service writer told me that he knows of no problems what so ever with the Titan.  I would not reccomend buying any vehicle from Dennis Dillon in Boise Idaho.  I even got video of the visit to cover my ass when my truck looses control and casues me to wreck and injure myself.  The video will be the evidence for me to use to sue there asses off.
Back to Top View SLDHED's Profile Search for other posts by SLDHED

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version