Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Hidden Titan features ! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Rocket67

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 02 2004 at 7:33pm | IP Logged Quote Rocket67

John Masters wrote:

Here's another little feature I thought was handy.

Try locking your doors while the engine is running and your not sitting in the drivers seat. My truck wouldn't let me lock the keys in the truck, thought at first I was going nuts. (In case your wondering, I was trying to lock my mother in the truck with the ac on while I ran in a store for a quick errand)

I need to try this with the engine off but key still in the ignition to see if one can lock his keys in the vehicle.

It doesn't have to be running either.  I had a 02 Altima and it did the same thing. 

Rocket67

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 02 2004 at 7:34pm | IP Logged Quote Rocket67

EvilPeppard wrote:
[QUOTE=CactusJackSlade]

Here is another one...

Maybe it's in the manual, if so I missed it:

On the 6 CD changer I thought I was stuck with only being able to advance up or down to the next track... If you want to go to the next CD just hold the bottom left toggle on the steering wheel up or down... hold it mind you... and it will go to the next CD in the changer... cool!

CJS

I just hit the 1-6 button for the radio channels to switch CDs. 

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 09 2004 at 10:57am | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

OK be honest...how many of you already knew that the intermittent wipers were speed sensative??? (kinda like the SSV feature, the faster your speed the faster they swipe)...I noticed it sitting at a redlight last night, and today just found it in the manual...pretty neat feature, I cant believe it took me this long to notice...lol

John Masters

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 09 2004 at 11:18am | IP Logged Quote John Masters

thepuffman wrote:
OK be honest...how many of you already knew that the intermittent wipers were speed sensative???...I noticed it sitting at a redlight last night, and today just found it in the manual...pretty neat feature, I cant believe it took me this long to notice...lol

That one got me good during my first rain. My wipers were set on the lowest setting and I didn't know they were adjustable. So they were either too fast or too slow. I was not happy. Then I discovered it later in the user manual. Works great, speed sensitive also. But the adjuster is hard to find in the dark. Harder to find and use in the dark is the foglight switch.

Back to Top View John Masters's Profile Search for other posts by John Masters

gsp0t

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 13 2004 at 7:19am | IP Logged Quote gsp0t

Another good feature is .... you know when you hit your lock button on the remote and the horn sounds to show it responded, or it might not honk for some right now..... but if you hold down the unlock and lock buttons on the remote at the same time then it will either disable the honk or enable it.
Back to Top View gsp0t's Profile Search for other posts by gsp0t

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 16 2004 at 3:59pm | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

thepuffman wrote:
OK be honest...how many of you already knew that the intermittent wipers were speed sensative??? (kinda like the SSV feature, the faster your speed the faster they swipe)...I noticed it sitting at a redlight last night, and today just found it in the manual...pretty neat feature, I cant believe it took me this long to notice...lol

I read it in the manual.  Cool feature

Back to Top View EvilPeppard's Profile Search for other posts by EvilPeppard

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 16 2004 at 4:00pm | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

gsp0t wrote:
Another good feature is .... you know when you hit your lock button on the remote and the horn sounds to show it responded, or it might not honk for some right now..... but if you hold down the unlock and lock buttons on the remote at the same time then it will either disable the honk or enable it.

Damn...didn't know that one.  Thanks.

Back to Top View EvilPeppard's Profile Search for other posts by EvilPeppard

Oddball

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 20 2004 at 9:36am | IP Logged Quote Oddball

Here's another feature I discovered yesterday. Listening to a CD in the changer I hit the right rotary knob and lo and behold it gave me the track and title information. Of course this won't work if you burned your own CD and some store bought CD's don't have the information stored on them but it's another little feature.

Cronus
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 20 2004 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote Cronus

Oddball wrote:
Here's another feature I discovered yesterday. Listening to a CD in the changer I hit the right rotary knob and lo and behold it gave me the track and title information. Of course this won't work if you burned your own CD and some store bought CD's don't have the information stored on them but it's another little feature.

Actually, if you get the deluxe versions of CD burning software you are able to save CD Track info to have it displayed in your titan CD player. OEM versions typically have this feature disabled. I think with Nero CD Burner it's called "CD-Text"

I discovered it with the new Korn Greatest Hits CD. Another cool feature is if the title is too long to be displayed you can view the rest of the title by presseing the right nob once and then rotaing it clock-wise. It'd be nice to see a scroll feature that scrolled the title automatically, but thats cool.

My Titan @ SLLAR.com
Back to Top View Cronus's Profile Search for other posts by Cronus Visit Cronus's Homepage

Oddball

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 21 2004 at 8:52am | IP Logged Quote Oddball

Cronus wrote:

Oddball wrote:

Actually, if you get the deluxe versions of CD burning software you are able to save CD Track info to have it displayed in your titan CD player. OEM versions typically have this feature disabled. I think with Nero CD Burner it's called "CD-Text"

I discovered it with the new Korn Greatest Hits CD. Another cool feature is if the title is too long to be displayed you can view the rest of the title by presseing the right nob once and then rotaing it clock-wise. It'd be nice to see a scroll feature that scrolled the title automatically, but thats cool.

Yeah, I have burning software that will do just that but most times I just burn and go. Still nice to have :)

<< Prev Page of 6 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version