Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Hidden Titan features ! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
littlebear

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 26 2004 at 2:28pm | IP Logged Quote littlebear

Here we go I am new here.this is so helpfull. this morning went out in the garage and my front windows were down half way. This was the second time so I am thinking here we go back to the dealer.thanks to this forum and the nice people here I learned about the remote button and windows going down. I know I keep alot in My pocket with my keys and have set off the panic alarm before this way.  but  this window thing was about to get my nerve,s. Does anyone have a dash that has rattles in it I do. Any help would be great. I have the crewcab Le smoke color. I love this truck have about 12000 hiway miles on it . The tool box door has came open one time I don,t know what was about. Again Thankyou for the help.have a Great Newyear.  Littlebear.
Back to Top View littlebear's Profile Search for other posts by littlebear

titanmom

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 04 2005 at 3:36am | IP Logged Quote titanmom

svo4turbo wrote:

My gripe for the day.  If you have the DVD package, take note or let me know if it's just mine.  If you turn off the truck, it ejects the DVD.  Then, it sucks it in again after about 20 seconds, then ejects again, yadda yadda....  I let it go for about 10 minutes and it kept doing this.  Not cool....

Mine never ejects the DVD unless I hit the eject button.

Also note that the separate volumne control on the DVD display can only go as high as the master control in the front.  Cool because I can stop the kids from blasting their head sets too loud if I want.  I can also listen to the radio while they listen to CD's on the main CD player in the front or the other way around.

BEWARE... Look out that your kids don't turn the secondary volumne in the back down all the way.  My daughter did this and I thought there was something wrong with the DVD player because we couldn't get any volumne out of the head sets.  I never use the back controls so I didn't know she could do this.  I am glad that I figured it out before making a fool of myself at the dealer.

Wierd qwerk.  The kids plugged in their little portable game machine to the DVD player and the game machine will not play a game unless we start a DVD playing and then override it with the game.

watsor1

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 04 2005 at 5:49am | IP Logged Quote watsor1

Here's some new (I think) features.  If the Rockford Fosgate/Clarion/Audiovox/Radio Shack stereo is off, just hit either of the CD/FM/AM/SAT buttons and it will turn on in that mode.

If you turn your headlights on in the daytime, like when it's raining, the odometer and radio displays dim.  Rotate the instrument panel  brightness knob all the way  (down i think) to the stop and rotate further through the stop.  The displays will come up full bright.

Now the following features are only available during the first road trip of 1000 miles or more. 
LOL

1. The right front 12v outlet will stop working less than 50 miles from the starting point of your trip.
2. The driver's seat heat high setting will stop working just when you really need it.
3. A crack will magically appear in the windshield when passing an 18 wheeler.
4. A white Titan WILL get extremely dirty driving in the rain on the outskirts of Houston.

Rick

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 06 2005 at 3:06pm | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

watsor1 wrote:
Now the following features are only available during the first road trip of 1000 miles or more. LOL

1. The right front 12v outlet will stop working less than 50 miles from the starting point of your trip.
2. The driver's seat heat high setting will stop working just when you really need it.
3. A crack will magically appear in the windshield when passing an 18 wheeler.
4. A white Titan WILL get extremely dirty driving in the rain on the outskirts of Houston.

Rick

LOL

Back to Top View EvilPeppard's Profile Search for other posts by EvilPeppard

watsor1

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 06 2005 at 8:30pm | IP Logged Quote watsor1

Here's one I just discovered this morning.  For those of you that have the compass and temp guage in the rearview mirror.....Have you noticed the temp display changing from the temperature to the word "ice" when it's cold outside??  Mine does it below 36 degrees.  It flashes back and forth between the two at about 5 second intervals.  I take it as a warning that bridges may be icy if the weather is wet, but I think bridges won't ice over at that temp.  Any thoughts??

Rick

pied_piper
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 06 2005 at 11:26pm | IP Logged Quote pied_piper

I've noticed that too. Temp here has gone to freezing and below, and I noticed it when it was 34 outside, with the ICE display, but not at 26 degrees. So I don't know either.
Back to Top View pied_piper's Profile Search for other posts by pied_piper

John Masters

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 07 2005 at 8:50am | IP Logged Quote John Masters

It doesn't have to be below freezing to have plenty of ice on the road, especially on bridges. Your truck doesn't know if the temperature is coming up or going down and probably doesn't consider wind chill.
Back to Top View John Masters's Profile Search for other posts by John Masters

win_wash_00

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 10:33pm | IP Logged Quote win_wash_00

littlebear wrote:
Does anyone have a dash that has rattles in it I do. Any help would be great.

Might be a Dash rattle, might be the solenoid (sp) that is connected to the throttle. If the noise appears only when you accelerate, it's the solenoid.
DRIVES ME CRAZY, and so far, no TSB from Nissan that I am aware of....yet

04 Titan SE, Offroad
Back to Top View win_wash_00's Profile Search for other posts by win_wash_00

win_wash_00

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 10:47pm | IP Logged Quote win_wash_00

Geeesh, You people make me SICK....talking about all these neat radio/CD features... and I just want mine TO WORK.

Quite frankly, am more than a little surprised at the lack of postings here about radio problems. I have replaced my radio/CD 3 times....and it still doesn't work.
Dealer told me point blank that it was crap shoot. Said they had lost count as to how many they had replaced.

I did reply to one poster here
http://www.nissantitan.info/forum_posts.asp?TID=1299&PN= 1

but other than that, I have yet to find anything else on this board

The first I had was the best, but I've almost given up on listening to radio entirely now.
Thank God the CD works!

Pretty bad though, a $30k truck and I'm ready to go out and buy a $15 radio to carry in it. Please do respond if you know of anything

LOVE the truck
HATE the radio
Back to Top View win_wash_00's Profile Search for other posts by win_wash_00

John Masters

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 11:11pm | IP Logged Quote John Masters

win_wash_00 wrote:
...and I just want mine TO WORK.

Quite frankly, am more than a little surprised at the lack of postings here about radio problems....

You need to go out of "Problems/Technical" and go into "Mobile Radio/Electronics" to see the radio problems.

Of course my radio fades and there is a technical bulletin out on it on how to fix the problem, just haven't had a chance to take it in. In fact I have a long list of things for the dealer to fix. At least the truck runs like a champ and hasn't left me stranded.

Back to Top View John Masters's Profile Search for other posts by John Masters

<< Prev Page of 6 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version