Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: acceleration problem!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
titantough
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 22 2004 at 4:55pm | IP Logged Quote titantough

Yeah this truck pulls 10K and runs 0-60 in less than 7...FAST and POWERFUL!

One of my friends just spent 40K on a Dodge...what a waste of money!

MIKEY

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 22 2004 at 9:38pm | IP Logged Quote MIKEY

no prob smokin mine or power braking.  it does have big tow, and offroad.

Back to Top View MIKEY's Profile Search for other posts by MIKEY

NISSANONE

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 23 2004 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote NISSANONE

OKAY!!! LETS SPIN THE TIRES FOR ONE THING IT'S HARD TO POWER BRAKE BECAUSE YOUR TRUCK IS A "DRIVE BUY WIRE" SO THE ECM MUST KNOW YOU ARE ON THE BRAKE. SECOND, WHEN U APPLY THE BRAKE THE INJECTOR FLOW IS CUT IN ALMOST HALF. THE ECM LOOKS AT THE OFF ON SIGNAL FROM YOUR BRAKE SWITCH.SO FOOL THE SWITCH? WHO KNOWS AND WHO REALLY CARES I BOUGHT MINE BECAUSE ITS A NISSAN AND I CAN FIX ANYTHING THAT GOES WRONG WITH IT! PLUS IT STILL GET LOOKS FROM THE OTHER FOUR TRUCK BUYERS "I LOVE THIS TRUCK"

earlofcrankcase

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 01 2005 at 8:29am | IP Logged Quote earlofcrankcase

nissa none: Sounds like you know more than the average Joe. What do you supose whould happen if you disconected the wires on the brake master cyilnder? I think thats how the limited slip differential applys the brakes. Not much of a fan on burning up the meats. But the truck should power slide alot better than it does. 

tjjtande

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 04 2005 at 12:42am | IP Logged Quote tjjtande

The traction control system which is standard on all models tries to keep this from happening, when the truck senses tire slippage it applies the ABS to limit the spinning tires, works great, mine comes out of the hole hard, runs away from my buddies 6 liter Chevy hard and can even stay ahead of the Hemi, get the Hemi out of the hole and than he starts pulling in at around 80 or so but can never catch up. "THE TRUCK IS DOING JUST WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DOING, KEEPING THE TIRES FROM SPINNING" realize smokey burnouts look cool but that is all it's good for.
Back to Top View tjjtande's Profile Search for other posts by tjjtande

NISSANONE

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 04 2005 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote NISSANONE

IF YOU HAVE VDC YOU CAN TURN IT OFF BUT UNPLUGGING THE MASTER CYL. WONT DO IT. I CANT REALLY SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO DO...LEGAL ISSUE'S...BUT I CAN TELL YOU HOW IT WORKS..THE ECM LOOKS AT THE BRAKE SIGNAL FOR A OFF AND ON..TRY THIS GO ABOUT 20 MPH AND APPLY YOUR BRAKE SLIGHTLY AND FLOOR IT YOU WILL NOTICE A GREAT DROP IN POWER NOW LET OFF THE BRAKE AN FEEL IT PULL. WITH THE CONSULT HOOKED UP I CAN WATCH THE INJECTOR PULSE AND TP AND ACC SENSOR ALL CHANGE JUST DO TO THE BRAKE SWITCH SIGNAL...PEDAL..HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRACTION CONTOL..BUT IF YOU HAVE VDC TURN IT OFF AND ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

Team-Sport

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 17 2005 at 4:21pm | IP Logged Quote Team-Sport

nicochip69 wrote:
Okay I have 2004 Nissan Titan SE no off road package and no tow package. Is it me or is the truck sluggish. I used to have a 1995 lincoln Mark VIII that was a rocket with the same amount of horses. I hope it is me but I can't  light the wheels up. or power brake. Unless i put the truck in 1st gear. But when hit the gas pedal all the way down there is a slight hesitation then it goes but not like neck snapping like my Lincoln did. Is it something i need to get checked out. I dont have the "VDC" but if I try to lay wheel the "B-LSD" light comes on. Is it the transmission or the ECU has to be reprogrammed I have read so much stuff that I am totally confused please help!!!
I have noticed a delay in throttle response.  The dealer blew it off initially, but this isn't right.  There is a delay from idle and any other RPM.  This engine doesn't feel like 305 HP to me.  I had a 97 Chevy PU with 230 HP that pulled hard from low RPM, with no hesitation.

I don't care about lighting the tires, but I'm going to have my dealer take a harder look at my truck.  I will probably also do a test drive of an 05, to compare.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version