Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: GAS MILEAGE Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Joker

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 08 2004 at 10:44pm | IP Logged Quote Joker

Staying behine some big rig and there traylers blocking the wind and having cc set on 80 helps
Back to Top View Joker's Profile Search for other posts by Joker

jfivejay5

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 09 2004 at 10:20am | IP Logged Quote jfivejay5

Okay, say you have a 28 gallon tank.  You take a trip and claim to have 400 miles out of only a quarter of a tank.  28/4 is 7.  So 400 miles on 7 gallons.  I could be way off but 400/7 is about 57 mpg.  At the best mpg guess on the window sticker of 22 mpg, a 28 gallon tank will only take you about 600 miles.  How can you travel 2/3 of that distance on only 1/4 of the fuel ?  Let's say someone made an error and meant 400 miles total.  400 miles/28 gallons is just over 14 mpg, much closer to what everyone else is experiencing with their same vehicles.  Where is the 27 mpg coming from?  I am sure I am missing something or am simply retarded with the calculator.  I do not mean any disrespect, I think I am just bitter because I just left the gas station and can report only 15 mpg with mostly highway driving 65-70 mph.
Back to Top View jfivejay5's Profile Search for other posts by jfivejay5

Joker

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 09 2004 at 6:42pm | IP Logged Quote Joker

Thats Ok jfivejay5 I think Im retarted with numbers too, My wifes car has a gas reader or average that lets you know how many miles to the gallon you get, she was getting 26mpg at 80 in a car following me or trying to lol, She was on empty before I have even hit 1/4 of tank, her car averages about 35mpg on highway normaly but she has a load and I had the bed full and a cover for wind block I also got lucky and stayed behine a big rig crusing about 80 and hardly no wind so thats how I figured my gas Which is probly off in my head anyways. No disrespect taking. Help me out on understanding thank you.
Back to Top View Joker's Profile Search for other posts by Joker

gzinke

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote gzinke

I get 12-13 pulling my small camper trailer (3000#) and my boat (3500#).  When I am empty, I get 14-15 avg. hwy and city.  Not as good as I was hoping considering this...  My 1997 4x4 Tacoma with 31 inch tires V6 carried an EPA rating of 16 city/19 hwy.  I rarely got less than 20 with a 50/50 hwy city mix.  How come the Titan with an EPA rating of 14 city and 18 hwy performs on the bottem end of the forecast when many other vehicles are able to exceed the EPA ratings??????  I'm guessing that the EPA numbers were streeeeetched a little in the interest of sales.

Mitch

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 4:18pm | IP Logged Quote Mitch

Its a 28 gallon tank but the gas gauge does not read the full 28 gallons. There is a reserve bowl in the bottom of the tank that is not read by the gauge. With a 1/4 tank left I usually put in about 18 gallons of gas to fill it up. A Tacoma is probably half the weight and the engine is half the displacement of the Titan. Kinda apples to oranges comparison.

1960 Resto Custom Bug (BOOSTED) 0-60 in 4.0
Back to Top View Mitch's Profile Search for other posts by Mitch Visit Mitch's Homepage

fear this titan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 7:38pm | IP Logged Quote fear this titan

That doesn't make sense you might want to talk to the dealer about the gas gauge. I know that in Fla, the Shell stations sold bad gas that affected gas gauges. I am not sure of a reserve bowl of 11 gallons.

Kevante

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 10 2004 at 9:32pm | IP Logged Quote Kevante

The best I have gotten so far has been 16.8. I didn't buy my CC LE for the mileage.

Mitch

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 11 2004 at 7:53am | IP Logged Quote Mitch

fear this titan wrote:
That doesn't make sense you might want to talk to the dealer about the gas gauge. I know that in Fla, the Shell stations sold bad gas that affected gas gauges. I am not sure of a reserve bowl of 11 gallons.

Huh? I said from having a 1/4 tank left to the full mark is 18 gallons,  not from the empty mark. The gauge is not propionate to tank capacity, each ¼ mark does not represent 7 gallons.

1960 Resto Custom Bug (BOOSTED) 0-60 in 4.0
Back to Top View Mitch's Profile Search for other posts by Mitch Visit Mitch's Homepage

NISSANONE

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 11 2004 at 9:47am | IP Logged Quote NISSANONE

Man you guys are doing good to get 17mpg...mine is 17 pretty much all the time and i drive it hard as it was meant to be...all stock...hey this monster exhaust...tell me more?   I had a cust. come in with a flowmaster dumped 1 into two with about 4 foot pipes dropped right before the rear axle..sounded awesome no popping and it sounded quiet at idle..Im thinking about doing that mod...plus going to try the green filter and the cyclone intake tube mod. Another cust did that and it increased his mileage by 5mpg!! but his duals sounded terrible one cherry bomb and v-out to the rear...lots of popping at high rpms...I would advise not to use that system.......keep it on the road.D

fear this titan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 11 2004 at 11:42pm | IP Logged Quote fear this titan

Drove from WPB to Key WEST and got the 17 mpg driving for  about 140 miles at highway speed then 200 miles at stop and go  between 45-60 mph. on the return trip and another 5 days around town i got 14.3 mpg. My total trip of over 700 miles earned me 16.3 mpg . I too did not buy this truck to get gas mileage out of it. The added monster exhaust sytem has made it a head turner even more. i am happy with my truck but dissapointed in it's advertised 14 - 19 mpg.i dont think I will ever get 19 mpg.

<< Prev Page of 9 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version