Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: GAS MILEAGE Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
bassman

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 02 2005 at 2:59pm | IP Logged Quote bassman

I've Had my Titan for a month, have kept track of all my milage. With 3100 miles on it and mostly hiway driving at hiway speeds I'm struggling to get 14. I do not have a heavy foot and have even tried driving 50 mph to see if it would improve. It did not. This thing better get better with time or it's gone. I love the truck but at 13 1/2 mpg and $3.30 gas ( up 40 cents since I bought it) I can't aford to drive it and make payments both.
Back to Top View bassman's Profile Search for other posts by bassman

fear this titan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 02 2005 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote fear this titan

I have 13000 miles on my titan and have Never seen 16 mpg, average 13.8- 14.7 mpg highway with the lift gate lowered I added banks exhaust to open it up and it did not help.

noel55

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 03 2005 at 6:22am | IP Logged Quote noel55

i babied mine last week and got 15.5 with a 23 mile trip one way to work that is about 16 miles of highway.  It is no fun when you have to consciencely monitor your speed all the time.  At least I have cruise control on the highway.  I'm buying a Motorcycle
Back to Top View noel55's Profile Search for other posts by noel55

Jonv23

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 03 2005 at 10:42am | IP Logged Quote Jonv23

I've had my truck for 3 weeks now and have 3,900 on her.  I drive the highway A LOT!  At first I was at about 14, then 15....(80 - 90 MPH)  I tried slowing down to 65-70 with my new retrax cover on and drove like that for 4 hours on the way from Pittsburgh to MI.  I was really surprised when I stopped for gas, I had drove 261 miles, and used 13.13 gallons.~~~> 19.87 MPG!  This is no joke!  I have an 05 KC LE no tow package, no offroad, but it is 4x4.  That is the reason I didn't want the tow or off road!  Incedently, the nav unit said I was getting something like 18.2.  Is this what you are all using to determine MPG?

bassman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 03 2005 at 12:45pm | IP Logged Quote bassman

Maybe I'm paying a big price for the tow package. I expected less than without, but not that much less.
Back to Top View bassman's Profile Search for other posts by bassman

Mavryck
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 03 2005 at 4:11pm | IP Logged Quote Mavryck

From NorCal to MO and back 4446.1 miles. Best tank of gas 20.27mpg. Worst tank of gas 11.85mpg (towing car carrier with pickup on it 198.9 miles). Trip average 15.77mpg.

bought2

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 03 2005 at 4:25pm | IP Logged Quote bought2

I get about 350 miles to a tank of gas. That is about half city driving and half highway and I have the big tow package. I knew when I bought this truck it was going to cost more in gas than a sedan. I just suck it up and drive on.

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 07 2005 at 10:43pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

fear this titan wrote:
 I have 13000 miles on my titan and have Never seen 16 mpg, average 13.8- 14.7 mpg highway with the lift gate lowered I added banks exhaust to open it up and it did not help.

I read an article that claimed that dropping the tailgate actually hurt gas mileage (ever so slightly) by creating more turbulence behind the cab of the truck. It went on to say that adding a bed cover was the best way to reduce the drag and help the mpg. 

gzinke

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 08 2005 at 12:09am | IP Logged Quote gzinke

I get 13 mpg pulling either my 4500lb boat down the freeway or pulling my 3500 tent trailer (with 2 motorcycles in the truck bed) at 70 mph.  I get at least 15 mpg around town and 17 on the freeway.  My last fillup was at 226 miles and I put 13.3 gallons in.  I have the 4x4 offroad pkg and the towing pkg.

shizod
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 08 2005 at 7:20am | IP Logged Quote shizod

Well the gas milage is not that great actually I really dont know what I am averaging. You must keep in mind that this is a big V8 and with all big engines your going to get less milage. But also keep in mind that the Dodge hemi is getting the worst gas milage than all the other trucks out there. I have checked on fuel saving devices but the FTC and EPA have done tests that show little or no improvement at all so it wouldnt be cost effective to purchase any of these. I did however order a Volant intake and a Banks exhaust, they havent arrived yet but I will see what my average is before installation of these parts and after. I also have the big tow because I own a big boat but speaking to a co-worker that has a Titan without big tow it would seem from what he is saying that he gets less milage than I do. So I would assume that it all depends on your own driving style.
Back to Top View shizod's Profile Search for other posts by shizod

<< Prev Page of 9 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version