Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: GAS MILEAGE Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Todd TCE

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 09 2005 at 9:20am | IP Logged Quote Todd TCE

Can't help but love that Chevy commercial howerver...lol

shizod
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 19 2005 at 1:59pm | IP Logged Quote shizod

Hey there I ran into a website that said they had a device to save fuel. It was called a condensator, I found it at www.condensator.com does anyone know if this works or has tried it. I went to the EPA and FTC websites to see if it has been tested and I cant find anything there.

volant intake
HID conversion 5000K
Back to Top View shizod's Profile Search for other posts by shizod

cintititan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: May 04 2005 at 11:56am | IP Logged Quote cintititan

C'mon guys...think about it.  You really think a 5.6 V8 engine got 27 mpg?  It was a miscalculation.  I have over 13K miles on mine and have gone on plenty of road trips and even have a bedcover.  Gas mileage is always 14 - 16....maybe 17 once.

Back to Top View cintititan's Profile Search for other posts by cintititan

Mavryck
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: May 04 2005 at 9:28pm | IP Logged Quote Mavryck

If all these gadgets work so well and are so affordable, why don't the OEMs engineer their vehicles with them?

I'd bet any truck manufacturer would jump at the oppurtunity to sell fuel efficient trucks with tons of power. Consumers would fall over themselves trying to buy them. How much money would a fleet owner save if his trucks got five or ten more miles to the gallon?

Selmahotrod

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: May 05 2005 at 10:14pm | IP Logged Quote Selmahotrod

No way can 27 be achieved, i never get over 16 and not many other people do either!!!
Back to Top View Selmahotrod's Profile Search for other posts by Selmahotrod

shizod
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 06 2005 at 12:24pm | IP Logged Quote shizod

Yeah kind of figured that. But it never hurts to see if others have tried and there may be a slim possiblity that a device may work. But I mean it just really doesnt add up. Mav's right if the device did work they would already be installed on vehicles. But just kind of getting my hopes up......oh well if you wanna play you gotta play. Oh and with my Volant intake I see a very very slight improvement on mpg, but I feel a huge improvement on hp. I love it.

volant intake
HID conversion 5000K

MJ-SEFL

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 08 2005 at 11:41am | IP Logged Quote MJ-SEFL

Well I'm sure everyone will agree that we didn't buy a Titan for gas mileage. That being said, I want to get everyone and anyone to let me know if they got any improvement out any "gas saving" device.  This would include "cold air intakes",  air swirling devices i.e. Tornado or SpiralMax - or any other reasonable upgrade.

I currently get 12-13 miles tops around town, and at $55.00 plus per tank I'm willing to get adventurous and try a few changes.  For the record, I just brought the truck into the dealer (7000 mile check) and insisted they hook it up to the computer.  It checked out fine and the service tech told me I ought to drive with the air off (in Florida) if I wanted better mileage, fat chance!  My truck is fully loaded with a tow package and I installed a tight rolling cover (Retrax) to cut down any drag, etc.  So far, no luck.

P.S. I still love driving the truck, its worth the extra gas!!!Smile

shizod
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 09 2005 at 4:55pm | IP Logged Quote shizod

MJ-SEFL wrote:

improvement out any "gas saving" device.  This would include "cold air intakes",  air swirling devices i.e. Tornado or SpiralMax .

Well like I said in my earlier post I have seen a slight improvement in mpg with my Volant. But it is slight, hp gains are tremendous. But im sure I can get more mpg out of it if I wasnt hitting the gas hard at every stop light, especially when there are other trucks lined up to me or a tuner. 

volant intake
HID conversion 5000K

muddytruck

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 10 2005 at 4:46pm | IP Logged Quote muddytruck

i have the volant intake ($300.00) and a throttle body spacer ($100.00) made by poweraide.  shop around for the best price.  try performancetrucks.com, they seemed to know whats what.  its easy to install these items.  if you want mpg to go up stop there.  if you want ponys add a less restricting cat back exhuast.  i have a gale banks 3" monster exuast.  i'm probably well over 350 hp with over 450 fp torque.  all very easy to install for the do-it-your-selfer.  the bad news is you will lose any mpg increase if you go this route though, but your truck will make you cream your pants and sound great every time you hit it.  

i have a 4x4 king cab with off road pgk which still has the same rear as the "big tow"

Back to Top View muddytruck's Profile Search for other posts by muddytruck

KingTitan0698

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 12 2005 at 9:32pm | IP Logged Quote KingTitan0698

I just in the last three weeks bought my second titan.  I had an 04 SE KC 4x2 that I just had posted in this months issue of Truckin if any saw but in both the 04 and 05  (which are identicall truck 4x2 se kc with tow package) I saw a significant increase in ghas mileage with the poweraide throttle body spacer a K & N intake system and Flowmaster straight duals with 50 series mufflers and 3 1/2" pipe.  I am getting 15 avg in both trucks on every tank. 

<< Prev Page of 9 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version