Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: GAS MILEAGE Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
EDDEE

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 05 2005 at 6:29pm | IP Logged Quote EDDEE

fear this titan wrote:

Happy to say that now at 3345 miles, I am getting "acceptable " gas mileage. as most of you know , I added the Banks exhaust plus K & N drop in filter.

I Changed my oil and filter at 976 miles then again at 3000. I went to 10w30 oil since I live in S. Fla. and deal with HEAT and not COLD.

Tire pressure is at 35lbs, with the off road / big tow package. previously at 32lbs..

On the road for 500 miles I got 17.01 mpg.( and I hammered it most of the time)

After that trip, I started putting 89 octane gas in , and now have averaged, 16 + mpg twice for local driving. 

Between add=ing a different octane rating and oil change and the so called break in period , this may be the difference.

Back to Top View EDDEE's Profile Search for other posts by EDDEE

EDDEE

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 05 2005 at 6:36pm | IP Logged Quote EDDEE

IS YOUR BANKS SYSTEM LOUD?       MINE SURE IS....CAN;T HEAR THE RADIO AT CERTAIN R.P.M.S.........LOV E THE TRUCK THOUGHUOTE=fear this titan]

I just took a trip to Key Largo, about 160 miles . First time on the open road for a period of time with my new truck. I finally was able to use cruise control , and step on it when needed to pass other cars.

Man was I just happy as $%&* driving my TITAN , I have the  smoke colored, off road , big tow package with the R/F 6 CD stereo. I Added the Banks monster exhaust and put the K & N drop in filter.

I also added vent visors and the factory smoke step bars. And a billett grill insert . Also I love the spray in vortex liner. And the tailgate extender and tie down system

Cruising at 75-78 mph was no sweat. the truck was being held back, by me not wanting to get a speeding ticket.

i drove an extra 100 miles each way just to go to a few places in Key West for a little bit. On the way back i hit 100 mph going over the 7 mile bridge , and this TITAN had no fear! It was breathing that enriched oxygen of the Atlantic and The Gulf of Mexico and just took off! It handled real well, no vibration or shimmy in the  steering. (*** I don't recomend this to any chevy, ford , or GMC owner***)

Finally I was able to get 17 mpg on the trip, and i was HAMMERING it alot.

LOVE THIS TITAN!!

[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]
Back to Top View EDDEE's Profile Search for other posts by EDDEE

noel55

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 05 2005 at 8:36pm | IP Logged Quote noel55

so if you spend all the money for the add ons and put moreexpensive gas in how long does say an added 27 miles a tank take to pay for itself.  seems a lot of wasted time and money i just take it easy and get 15 to 16.  40lbs in tires with 5w-30 no other add ons
Back to Top View noel55's Profile Search for other posts by noel55

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 05 2005 at 9:24pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

noel55 wrote:
so if you spend all the money for the add ons and put moreexpensive gas in how long does say an added 27 miles a tank take to pay for itself.  seems a lot of wasted time and money...

I'd have to agree with you. Based solely on fuel efficiency, I don't know of a single mod that wouldn't take a couple of years of normal driving to pay for itself. It is the same with all these new "hybrid"s which cost $3000 more than their non-hybrid counterparts. Just yesterday, I read an article that stated if you drove 15K miles a year and paid $2.50 a gallon, it would take 8 years to break even. However I think most will admit that when it comes to doin mods, any improvement in fuel efficiency is only one of the reasons for performing the mod.  

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 9
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version