Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Back to dealer for driver’s window again Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 07 2004 at 3:56pm | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

6thsense wrote:

EvilPeppard wrote:
Well, this will be my third trip back for the SAME window problem.  Only had the truck 6 months.

I understand the bugs need to be worked out in first year models, but this kinda sucks.

Is 3 times the charm for the lemon law to kick in????

That I don't know.

Back to Top View EvilPeppard's Profile Search for other posts by EvilPeppard

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 08 2004 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

Dropped my truck off again at the dealer this morning.

Today they are replacing both front door window motors and correctly installing the master switches on the driver's door that they didn't install correctly last time.

I'll let you know if I can "short" the windows out again before I leave the dealer's lot.

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 09 2004 at 11:40am | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

I picked the truck up last night (10/8/04).  When I talked to the dealer, they told me they had replaced both front driver's and passenger's window motor and the master switch again, but the "shorting out" still persisted.

Then, they apparently called Nissan's "fix" line.  This is a group of engineers the dealer calls when they are stumped on a problem.  The Fix Group told the dealer there was an updated sequence to programming the window motors to what was originally printed in their repair manuals.  They used this updated sequence on my windows and said they driver's window is responding better, but the passenger window didn't take to the new programming as well.  They weren't kidding.  I rolled my windows down after leaving the dealer, drove all the way home (about 35 minute drive), pulled into my garage and tried to roll up my windows.  The driver's did, but I couldn't get the passenger's window up at all now!   Finally, after a few minutes of messing with the switch, I got it to go up. 

I am so frustrated this problem cannot be fixed.  I asked the dealer if they had tried to "short" out the windows on any other Titan's on the lot to see if they could replicate the problem.  This would at least clue them in if it was just my truck, or truly a design flaw.  They said they had not, but it was a good idea and the mechanic was going to go try it on a few trucks after I left.  They also told me they would get back on the phone with the Fix Group Monday to see how to handle my problem from here.  Obviously, continuing to replace the switches and motors aren't going to cut it.

On a side note, I found out that the Titan is the only one that uses this particular window motor.  Even the Armada uses a different power window motor. Interesting, huh?

Kevante

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 09 2004 at 5:37pm | IP Logged Quote Kevante

I have been in 4 times for my window problems. Most of them do it. If you move the window switch to fast the curciut doesn't complete and it resets. Just move alittle slower and it will work. It is a design flaw and i hate it. The dealer can't fix it.

CactusJackSlade
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 10 2004 at 1:41am | IP Logged Quote CactusJackSlade

Mine does it too... both windows, I've been holding off to see what the REAL problem is through this forum... looks and sound like to me that it is a computer programing problem.

Mine "shorts out" all the time if i flip the switches too quickly, Nissan better be working on a permenant solution to this as this could potentially be a serious problem iff you needed your window down in a hurry!

CJS

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 10 2004 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

I agree and I hope Nissan is working on something.  This is a feature we paid for in our trucks and expect to useit.

I'll keep everyone updated with what I find out from me dealer and their conversations with the Fix Group.

Mitch

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 11 2004 at 1:43pm | IP Logged Quote Mitch

I had my driver side motor and regulator replaced a few weeks back and havn't seen the problem since.

1960 Resto Custom Bug (BOOSTED) 0-60 in 4.0
Back to Top View Mitch's Profile Search for other posts by Mitch Visit Mitch's Homepage

Patrick

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 12 2004 at 12:48pm | IP Logged Quote Patrick

On mine the drivers window does the short but then the window comes out of the trac. If you can't get the window to come back up at all look to see if it is still in the line. The truck is in for the third time so far they have had it 17 days this time.

At least they give me a rental truck. 

Back to Top View Patrick's Profile Search for other posts by Patrick

import2nr

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 17 2004 at 8:13pm | IP Logged Quote import2nr

my Windows do the same thing . Did yall also know that when you insert the key into the door and turn to lock the and hold it in the lock position the note roles up. My truck used to do this no problem but when my windows toped rolling up or shorting out the key in the door features stopped working as well. one dealer told me the motors were going to be replaced and another dealer told me that it was a safety feature, and that i should just hold up a little longer before letting the switch go. i don't think i should need little trick in order to get my windows to role up. and if it were a safety feature then why do the windows not role up when i use the key in the door method... does anyone else know about the key in the door or am i making this up let me know.

Patrick

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 18 2004 at 4:07pm | IP Logged Quote Patrick

Well, they replaced the window, track and reg. this time I sure hope this is it for me.

They put me in a dodge truck while they worked on it. I sure missed the ride I get in the Titan, what a difference.

Back to Top View Patrick's Profile Search for other posts by Patrick

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version