Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Throttle Hesitation Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
thepuffman

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 14 2004 at 11:35pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

John Masters wrote:

Todd, 

.....I bought Nissan for its reputation but after visiting this website I starting to think I bought another bucket of bolts.

At times it seems like a lot of people on here have a lot of problems with their Titan's. Just keep in mind, you could go to a forum for any vehicle and you would find the same thing. I think its just human nature to be more vocal with our complaints/problems...GL with your Titan...keep on truckin

Todd TCE

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 15 2004 at 6:52am | IP Logged Quote Todd TCE

In all fairness I will run with the VDC off through this section of the lot a few times and see if I can make it happen. I must say however that the speed at which I run it normally is quite slow and I'd not expect VDC to effect this.

As for the bucket of bolts, I recently filled out the latest questionaire on the service work done etc. My basic comment was that I traded in my 02 Ford with 62k miles on it (in very short order) which had not once seen a dealer for work. While the Titan was headed for its third visit. To repair things not fixed the first time. I like it for a lot of its good but I might have waited for the 05 or....god forbid; bought a new Ford again if I were to do it over.

John Masters

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 15 2004 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote John Masters

I hope I didn't say something wrong in referring to my truck or any other Titan as a bucket of bolts. I have had my truck since April and I love it and plan on driving it for the next 10 years. The only problem I personally have had is that my front rotors are now warped. I came to this site to check out the rotor thing and found alot of other little problems consumers are having, which I guess would be typical for a first year vehicle of any manufacturer. Now that I am hooked up with this forum I can at least anticipate or maybe prevent some of these quirks down the road and share any experiences I have as I break this workhorse in.

Back to Top View John Masters's Profile Search for other posts by John Masters

alaskanspawn

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Nov 15 2004 at 1:54pm | IP Logged Quote alaskanspawn

Todd TCE wrote:
I can experience this upon command in ONE spot I move out of the parking lot. Full tank or not. Can't explain the whys and hows but it's like this:

Turn hard right, apply gentle, roll on throttle. Note the initial hesitation, hiccup and then the go juice hits. lol

I'm going to suggest that it has more to do with the drive by wire than fuel starvation I first thougt.

I would tend to agree with Todd TCE that the drive by wire system is at fault in this case, though I have not experienced this myself.

John Masters

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 20 2004 at 10:34pm | IP Logged Quote John Masters

Todd TCE wrote:
I can experience this upon command in ONE spot I move out of the parking lot. Full tank or not. Can't explain the whys and hows but it's like this:

Turn hard right, apply gentle, roll on throttle. Note the initial hesitation, hiccup and then the go juice hits. lol

I'm going to suggest that it has more to do with the drive by wire than fuel starvation I first thougt.

Todd, the problem you are experiencing is different than Bluesupergoat's problem. I assume that Bluesupergoats problem was attributed to the VDC. Your problem while turning a corner I have experienced myself now. I have noticed recently on at least two occasions, while turning a corner gently, a hiccup. Unfortunately now that I am watching for it I willl probably notice it more.  Oh well.

Back to Top View John Masters's Profile Search for other posts by John Masters

Todd TCE

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 21 2004 at 9:08am | IP Logged Quote Todd TCE

I'm continuing to monitor it, in fairness the last time I went out the drive there I turned VDS off. The problem did not occur. On the other hand I've gone out with it on many times and sometimes not had the problem anyhow. It's not iron clad, sometimes I can get it to do happen other times not.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version