Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: oil filter Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
critter
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 13 2004 at 6:51pm | IP Logged Quote critter

huh?

in all my years of trading cars, i've never once had a dealer ask me if i had the service records, or tell me that i could have got more out it if i had records in tact.

i have all my service records anyway, and i don't go to the dealer for routine things.  it's not necessary. 

critter

Todd TCE

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 14 2004 at 8:41am | IP Logged Quote Todd TCE

The part is an ANTI drain back valve. This is what prevents the filter from draining the oil when you park. This prevents dry starts.

The filters also have high pressure bypass valves, these arer such that if the filter becomes clogged and builds up too much pressure it will still force oil (and the crap that plugged it....) to the motor.

You might also be able to find another filter to replace this one which is larger. The larger filter will offer a greater surface area of filtration. Not a bad idea. I may look for a larger one myself on the next change. But be sure it doesn't hang down and contact something.

CactusJackSlade
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 14 2004 at 10:43pm | IP Logged Quote CactusJackSlade

RESALE!???

I'm NEVER selling mine! (I hope)... if my Titan is anything like my '87 HardBaody I'll still have it in 15 years... then it won't be worth selling!

jlwilso

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 17 2004 at 8:57pm | IP Logged Quote jlwilso

Nissan uses the same fitler on a lot of their cars.  I have had a Frontier, Murano and the Titan.  All use the same filter.  The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prevents your warranty from being voided if you do not use OEM replacement parts.  If you look at KN filter site or Gibson exhaust they tell you of the Act.
Back to Top View jlwilso's Profile Search for other posts by jlwilso

PatrickW

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 24 2004 at 7:49pm | IP Logged Quote PatrickW

Working at an oil change facility for 3 years I can tell you that size doesn't matter. Aslong as you keep up a constant service on the vehicle you shouldn't be able to get it dirty enough to worry about. (If you are 4x4 with a snorkle you may want to change more often  hahaha) The oil filter used is the same as the maxima and old sentra. The two are the same threading and interchangable. If we were out of one we used to use the other and never experieced any problems. One was a 43 something and the other a 64something rather...it's been awhile. Just check the Titan filter with the two cars mentioned and buy the bigger if you are concerned with size.

Back to Top View PatrickW's Profile Search for other posts by PatrickW Visit PatrickW's Homepage

Todd TCE

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 24 2004 at 8:27pm | IP Logged Quote Todd TCE

buy the bigger if you are concerned with size.

That's what I tell my wife! lol

You're probably correct on the ture need for more filter area (which is the only real benefit) but dusty climates and long intervals won't help....it's up to you.

I may look over the K&N line a bit to see what will cross to this in larger body size next run and happily post it here.

Kevante

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 25 2004 at 12:48pm | IP Logged Quote Kevante

I'm a sales manager for a dealership. I always ask for the service records. It is a nice way to know if the car has been taken care of. This does play a role in how much i give customers for their trade.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version