Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: another dash rattle question Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
6thsense

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 18 2004 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote 6thsense

I will tell the dealer to check this out...thanks for the replies!
Back to Top View 6thsense's Profile Search for other posts by 6thsense

jfivejay5

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 20 2004 at 1:34pm | IP Logged Quote jfivejay5

I also had an annoying rattle.  Nothing major, just sounded like a wire smacking metal.  It only happened while driving and the motor approached 2000 rpm's.  I removed passenger lower dash and glove box to help track it.  I searched everything and only found some barely loose bolts.  Problem was still there after tightening.  After my third inspection under the hood, I looked far back near the fire wall, under the A/C hardlines running into the heater box.  I saw it.  A lone ground wire, dangling under the metal tube.  I cut a small piece of heater hose, placed it around the wire, then cable tied the hose to the metal tubing.  Ahhh, quiet once again.  This wire drove me nuts for a month.  Hope this helps.
Back to Top View jfivejay5's Profile Search for other posts by jfivejay5

NITAT

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 09 2004 at 4:40pm | IP Logged Quote NITAT

I've owned my titan for 4000 miles now.  I have to say the only think i dislike so far is the rattles...there seem to be lots of them.  One seems to be in drivers door somewhere...its faint but a constant chatter.  The other one is more of a "pop" or "click".  It happens when i accelerate, and when i brake.  Just a single pop/click each time.  It doesn't sound like anthing is loose, rather, it sounds like plastic to plastic contact at the front pillar. 

Anybody had these rattles?

Back to Top View NITAT's Profile Search for other posts by NITAT

jmacougar
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 09 2004 at 11:00pm | IP Logged Quote jmacougar

I've had a popping/clicking noise. It sounds like a noise that a coil spring would make, but it is coming from my passenger side front pillar area. I took it to the dealer last week and they tried ALL week to figure out where it is coming from, but no luck. I have to take it back next week for the heat shield TSB. I also have to get my steering column replaced because it clunks everytime I make a full revolution. Anyway, they are going to try again to find that popping/clicking noise. Hopefully they will find it because it drives me crazy! I will post their findings as well.

Jason

Back to Top View jmacougar's Profile Search for other posts by jmacougar

Todd TCE

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 10 2004 at 7:57am | IP Logged Quote Todd TCE

As a side note; anyone having driver side door rattles? Been able to track it down?

jmacougar
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 01 2004 at 10:34pm | IP Logged Quote jmacougar

jmacougar wrote:

I've had a popping/clicking noise. It sounds like a noise that a coil spring would make, but it is coming from my passenger side front pillar area. I took it to the dealer last week and they tried ALL week to figure out where it is coming from, but no luck. I have to take it back next week for the heat shield TSB. I also have to get my steering column replaced because it clunks everytime I make a full revolution. Anyway, they are going to try again to find that popping/clicking noise. Hopefully they will find it because it drives me crazy! I will post their findings as well.

Jason

Well, turns out that rattle is actually coming from below the floorboard ... not the dash. I had someone drive my truck while I rode in the passenger seat upside down with my head on the floor. After my findings, I took another member's advice and lubed a bushing. I also lubed every bushing I could find in the front end, but still no luck at making it stop. So yesterday I took it back to get my new steering column put in and tell them the noise is actually coming from the chassis.

I'm all expecting them to have it fixed ... no such luck. They still can't figure it out. Turns out they have another truck in there making the same stinkin' noise. I feel important now, because they had an hour meeting today about my truck. So now, Nissan is sending an engineer out to try and figure it out. The next part is probably too good to be true ... they told me if he doesn't find it Nissan is going to buy my truck back from me. The rest is up to me I guess.

I told my service advisor that it sure would be nice to have power rear window.

Back to Top View jmacougar's Profile Search for other posts by jmacougar

sking

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 20 2004 at 6:23pm | IP Logged Quote sking

Had the same problem from passenger side.  sounded like floor board or from dash behind glove box.  Turns out wire from antenna was loose. The wire is grounded to the engine so everytime the engine would rev, and only then, would i hear the annoying rattle.  when engine revs, wire would rattle on inside of passenger fender at antenna.  check it out.  bet this is your problem as well. 
Back to Top View sking's Profile Search for other posts by sking

stesic

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 30 2004 at 7:57pm | IP Logged Quote stesic

I am having the same noise. Took it too the dealer and they said they tied together some wires behind the glove box and at the antenna but still have the noise. Will try to look at the bolts for the AC.

04 king cab

Back to Top View stesic's Profile Search for other posts by stesic

SLDHED

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 31 2004 at 9:12am | IP Logged Quote SLDHED

You need a 4 guage ground cable added to the motor.  Check out titantalk.com they have the fix.  It is an electrical interfeirence tick.

Back to Top View SLDHED's Profile Search for other posts by SLDHED

TennTitan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 20 2005 at 9:07pm | IP Logged Quote TennTitan

Has anyone had a rattle when they started up their Titan.  When I turn my ignition sometimes I hear a rattle like the heat vent in moving in the dashboard.  I only happens when I start up for the first time.  Obviously with this dilema, I can not get the dealer to hear the same thing.  Any problems like this?
Back to Top View TennTitan's Profile Search for other posts by TennTitan

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version