Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: wont accept gas Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Hendo
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 18 2004 at 8:15pm | IP Logged Quote Hendo

I have this problem EVERY time I fill up and that's 2-3 times a week.  I start pumping and it stops and spews gas all down the side of the truck....extremely irritating!

I have tried pulling the nozzle out a little and pumping it slower...it still does it 2-4 times EVERY fill up til I get at least 6 or 7 gallons in it.

Back to Top View Hendo's Profile Search for other posts by Hendo

JC_UF_ITK

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 06 2004 at 2:09pm | IP Logged Quote JC_UF_ITK

Hate to beat a dead horse, but I was talking to a friend of mine about this issue and he told me something to do.  He said to take the gas cap off and let it sit for 30 seconds or so before you start filling.  He had the same problem with his Chevy, but when he talked to a mechanic he was told that the fuel pumps used on bigger trucks produce so much pressure within the tank to maximize fuel usage that if you take the cap off right away and put the nozzle in, there's not enough time for the pressure to dissipate.  It's worth a shot;  I'll report after I try it. 

Back to Top View JC_UF_ITK's Profile Search for other posts by JC_UF_ITK

Rocket67

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 06 2004 at 2:13pm | IP Logged Quote Rocket67

JC_UF_ITK wrote:

Hate to beat a dead horse, but I was talking to a friend of mine about this issue and he told me something to do.  He said to take the gas cap off and let it sit for 30 seconds or so before you start filling.  He had the same problem with his Chevy, but when he talked to a mechanic he was told that the fuel pumps used on bigger trucks produce so much pressure within the tank to maximize fuel usage that if you take the cap off right away and put the nozzle in, there's not enough time for the pressure to dissipate.  It's worth a shot;  I'll report after I try it. 

Even if you stick the nozzle into the tank immediately after removing the cap air can escape.  I don't know about this theory.  JMHO though.

Hendo
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 06 2004 at 2:18pm | IP Logged Quote Hendo

every titan owner I run into I ask him/her about this problem and they ALL have it...so far anyway
Back to Top View Hendo's Profile Search for other posts by Hendo

Cronus
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 06 2004 at 2:19pm | IP Logged Quote Cronus

Kevante wrote:
Never had that problem. My Titan loves gas. It takes all it can handle.  

True, the more gas the better.

I've had a similar problem where a pump never stopped filling until I released the handle manually, I was sure it was the pump's fault. Gas got all over the place. Pissed me off, I had just washed it! I haven't had any other problems filling it up.

My Titan @ SLLAR.com
Back to Top View Cronus's Profile Search for other posts by Cronus Visit Cronus's Homepage

Johnboy

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 07 2004 at 11:46am | IP Logged Quote Johnboy

On my 4th fillup and have not had that problem yet. Keeping my fingers crossed!

White 2004 LE 4X4 CC Nicknamed "BRUTUS"
---------------------------------------------------
I DRINK THE BEER I BREW DRINK!
Back to Top View Johnboy's Profile Search for other posts by Johnboy

MIKEY

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 15 2004 at 9:12pm | IP Logged Quote MIKEY

apparently there was a prob with something as my dealer did replace the filler vent tube
Back to Top View MIKEY's Profile Search for other posts by MIKEY

Lugnut

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 21 2004 at 8:46pm | IP Logged Quote Lugnut

I was back at the dealer with my '04 getting a diagnosis on my fuel gauge problem, and the service rep kep thinking I was the guy whose truck would not take gas. I explained I wasn't and finally made the info stick, but the fellow they were expecting in soon apparently had to trickle in the gas at every fillup due to a major vent problem. As for me, my fule gauge never comes off full. So, an entire new instrument pod was installed yesterday. And the new fuel gauge is not leaving "full". Maybe they will sell me a fuel tank dipstick.
Back to Top View Lugnut's Profile Search for other posts by Lugnut

tjjtande

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 04 2005 at 12:02am | IP Logged Quote tjjtande

Having the same problem after driving in freezing rain, first my service engine soon light came on, when I tried putting gas on it took about 15 minutes to put 22 gallons on, light is still on now even after getting the truck home and being in a heated shop over night, tried the gas nozzle in every angle and direction as possible but to no avail, think the 2 may be related, venting problems, also has any one occured problems say when the tank gets under 1/4 tank, gas cap is rather difficult to remove, above this seems to be no problem, girlfriend can't get the gas cap at all when this happens!!!!!!! Never had much of a problem before, couple of times after about 2 to 3 gallons it would burp but than take gas as quickly as the pump would put out.
Back to Top View tjjtande's Profile Search for other posts by tjjtande

CBUTTS

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jan 06 2005 at 10:09am | IP Logged Quote CBUTTS

YES, I GOT THIS PROBLEM ALSO.  MY TITAN HAS 11,000 MILES AND ITS HAPPENED TO ME ABOUT 3 OR 4 TIMES.

CHRIS

Back to Top View CBUTTS's Profile Search for other posts by CBUTTS

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version