Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Gas Gauge Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
RHINO
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jul 24 2004 at 10:58am | IP Logged Quote RHINO

Do you know there has been a lot of bad gas with high sulfer levels going around.?  This causes the gage to read incorectly and has been huge problem nationwide.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20040529/news_1n29ba dgas.html

New Orleans 'The Big Easy'
04 Titan SE KC
Off Road
Radiant Silver
Tinted
Nissan seat covers
more to come.......
Back to Top View RHINO's Profile Search for other posts by RHINO

pmkohler

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jul 28 2004 at 11:38am | IP Logged Quote pmkohler

I spoke with my dealer again.  They claim that they changed the sending unit and gauge in another Titan without success.  They feel it is a software issue that will be resolved soon since there are so many complaints.  I was told to keep checking back with the service department for the patch.

Later

CGreenTitan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jul 28 2004 at 12:05pm | IP Logged Quote CGreenTitan

So far mine has been pretty consistant. From fillup to 3/4 is between 6-7 gal. Full to 1/2 is 12-13 gal. Around 1/8 to full is about 20 gal. Low fuel warning light on to full is 24 gal. Neddle on "E" to full is 25-26 gal. This has been consistant  for over 10 tanks .
Back to Top View CGreenTitan's Profile Search for other posts by CGreenTitan

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 19 2004 at 2:42pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

I have noticed these sames issues...I filled up as soon as my light came on and was worried about my mpg...until it only took apprx 20 gallons to fill it back up...whew!!! Is really strange tho cuz I have read (and has been my own experience with other vehicles) that car mfgs purposely set the gas gauges to read as full even when you are 3-4 gallons shy of full...that way consumers dont complain as much about driving off the lot and 40-50 miles later noticing the fuel gage dropping. My last truck worked this way...from full down to 3/4 I could drive 100 miles cuz the needle didnt even move the first 40 miles or so....but you better not try to drive it 100 miles on that last 1/4 tank ...lol

Kevante

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 19 2004 at 2:48pm | IP Logged Quote Kevante

I only get 16.5 max as far as gas mileage

RICK

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 21 2004 at 10:38am | IP Logged Quote RICK

i just bought my titan last week and getting the same fuel level readings as most people. i thought also that i was getting 5.0mpg. filled up and had six gallons left. to me no big deal.

Back to Top View RICK's Profile Search for other posts by RICK Visit RICK's Homepage

koo168

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 12 2004 at 10:11pm | IP Logged Quote koo168

I have my Titan for about a week now, the low fuel warning lite came on couple days ago with the needle pointing at about 1/8 left.  I pull into a gas station and fill tank up, it only let me fill 19.5 gal and won't take anymore.  I drove about 100 miles and used arround 1/4 tank.  Today when I drive again, the tank went all the way backup on top of the Full tank mark.  I drove about 80 miles today and the needle still at above full tank.  Boy, now I have no idea how much gas I have left in the tank

Back to Top View koo168's Profile Search for other posts by koo168 Visit koo168's Homepage

pmkohler

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 19 2004 at 9:43am | IP Logged Quote pmkohler

I just spoke wtih 800-Nissan1 to complain about the fuel gauge not reading correctly.  They claim, and you know how they talk, that a fix is coming but not sure when.  They anticipate the fix to roll out in the new few weeks.

motocruiserbill

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 20 2004 at 7:38am | IP Logged Quote motocruiserbill

Hello everyone, This is my first post. My truck now sits at the dealership for the second time. My truck is only 3 weeks old! They are waiting for a fuel tank sending unit. This will be the second sending unit they are replacing. By the way, its on back-order! This truck has never registered full through 3 fill-ups. It will go a bit past 3/4, even when I top it off. Then after a few miles, it will peg to the full mark. That is where it stays. I put over 230 miles on the truck after one fill-up, but the gauge wouldn't move. I told the dealer that I believe there is more to the problem than just the sending unit.

Back to Top View motocruiserbill's Profile Search for other posts by motocruiserbill

HattonImaging

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 04 2004 at 9:12am | IP Logged Quote HattonImaging

hey guys...I have the same problem BUT,It just accured to me that while at the car show, they had a Tatan frame with just the motor and drive line and the  gas tank in it..well the gas tank has an odd shape to it with a ..id say a two ar three gallon bulge at the top where the fuel sensor is....Hmmm, makes me wonder if the first few miles of that the gas burns out of the bulge is why the gauge falls so quickly.

if that makes any sense...kinda does to me at lest. 

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version