Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Antifreeze smell, gas guage and recall? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
IQ9*

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 05 2005 at 2:56pm | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

Sounds like a trend

dontbuytitan04

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 05 2005 at 5:49pm | IP Logged Quote dontbuytitan04

I just dropped of my truck to a new dealer Mossy Nissan and will have them check the coolant smell, brakes that grind on quick stop, Aux in the rear not working and windows switches. And of course he did not know about any service bulletins out there. Keep you posted

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 06 2005 at 3:04pm | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

IQ9* wrote:
Sounds like a trend

I think so too.  When I mentioned it to my dealer, they too pressure checked the system and said it was fine....obviously the antifreeze is coming form somewhere. :(

Back to Top View EvilPeppard's Profile Search for other posts by EvilPeppard

Bryan57

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jan 09 2005 at 7:29pm | IP Logged Quote Bryan57

I got my truck back a few days ago and the dealer seemed to have fixed the antifreeze problem by replacing the upper portion of the radiator that includes the filler neck. The big thing that I noticed while I was waiting for the part to come in was that the radiator would only leak if I got the RPM's over 4000. I guess there was just enough pressure at that point to push the antifreeze out of the fracture. It seems to be fine now.

The only other problem that I seem to be having now is with the fuel dampers. The dealer replaced one and said that he had to order a second from the east coast, so he could replace the other one. The dealer told me that it was causing a ticking sound at idle. I saw a TSB on a ticking sound but the dealer told me my problems wasn't the same. The only good news is that they found the problem before I did.

Anybody have any idea what a fuel damper is or what it does?

Back to Top View Bryan57's Profile Search for other posts by Bryan57

dontbuytitan04

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 10 2005 at 9:24am | IP Logged Quote dontbuytitan04

I am getting my truck back from Mossy Nissan and of course they said they couldn't find any problem with the radiator. I'll try it at 4000 rpms and see for my self. Glad you got yours replaced. The dealer did order the window switches for the roll up problem. but I had to beg for that one. I also have a mushy break peddle and had them look if it is spec and of course they said yes. There is a service bulliten for the breaks and the windows.

Thanks for all the input

IQ9*

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 13 2005 at 12:16pm | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

This is getting crazy. The dealer don't want to fix anything. You have to show them yourself as the techs nevers seem to replicate the sound. We have abanging sound coming from the right rear of the truck when you stop hard. I told the dealer about the shock tower issue in the rear and they stated they checked everything and could not replicate the sound and the rear shock were fine. Yes rear shocks were fine as I checked before I took it in but I had the truck thumping as I left the dealer. Why do we get lip service. Does Nissan know that there is alot wrong with these and hopes we will get tired or run out of warranty?

jimb
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 13 2005 at 4:17pm | IP Logged Quote jimb

IQ9* wrote:
This is getting crazy. The dealer don't want to fix anything. You have to show them yourself as the techs nevers seem to replicate the sound. We have abanging sound coming from the right rear of the truck when you stop hard. I told the dealer about the shock tower issue in the rear and they stated they checked everything and could not replicate the sound and the rear shock were fine. Yes rear shocks were fine as I checked before I took it in but I had the truck thumping as I left the dealer. Why do we get lip service. Does Nissan know that there is alot wrong with these and hopes we will get tired or run out of warranty?

Trade it at 35,999

Back to Top View jimb's Profile Search for other posts by jimb

Mavryck
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Feb 20 2005 at 2:42pm | IP Logged Quote Mavryck

Mitch wrote:

EvilPeppard wrote:
BTW, I got in my truck this morning and the gas gauge still showed about 1/4 tank.  By the time I got to work, (about 40 minute drive), the gauge had reached Full.  It took that entire time to go from 1/4 to Full.  WTF?  I could see it slowly moving, like watching the minute hand of a clock move. 

I had the same problem a few weeks back. It did the same exact thing. I filled up twice since then with no problem.

It's possible the fuel level sensor, which on most newer vehicles just slides up and down a shaft instead of swinging on a fulcrum, may have just got stuck. I would watch to se if it repeats. Also, this is one reason I pay close attention to my gas mileage, if my guage stops working I know I can go about 300 miles on a tank of gas. 

sonnytimes

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 20 2005 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote sonnytimes

IQ9...I had a large bang when I brake hard in traffic. It would only do this after an above normal acceleration. It took a while but I found that the rubber guard/cover for the utilitrack in the floor of the bed was sliding forard and fitting the front of the bed. I don't know if this is it, but it might be something to check.

04 Crew Cab 4X4 Big Tow 05 Bed 05 Rearend
Back to Top View sonnytimes's Profile Search for other posts by sonnytimes

scooter
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 20 2005 at 7:18pm | IP Logged Quote scooter

Hi guy's me again... I to have the atifreeze smell (among all the standard issue nightmare's that have become a part of Titan ownership). I have had it into my dealer 2 times and the haven't been able to find anyting. Thanks for the heads-up on the fractured radiator. Boy, it just keeps getting better and better

<< Prev Page of 6 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version