Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

General
 Nissan Titan Forums : General
Subject Topic: Off road or not? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ecbmxer

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 14 2004 at 10:58pm | IP Logged Quote ecbmxer

Ok a while back I asked for opinions on whether or not I should bump up to the SE or just get an XE. Well now that I have decided I want to buy an SE I have a new question. Should I get the off road package or not. I definitally think I would use it as I may take the truck four wheeling from time to time however is it worth the extra money. All I really want is the off road package, however nissan will require me to get the SE power bench or power captain package in addition. I am simply asking is it worth the extra give or take $2000 for the off road package. I really like the blistein shocks, skids, locking diff, and much nicer wheels and tires. Granted I could always get new tires if I didn't get the off road pack. Just asking for opinions, especially from those of you who have an SE w/ or w/o the off road. Also, does the ride differ at all with the off road compared to without? Sorry about the long post. Thanks guys!
Back to Top View ecbmxer's Profile Search for other posts by ecbmxer

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 15 2004 at 1:25am | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

2 of my friends test drove a 4x2 with the Off Road pkg...they said it road like a buckboard...you might want to consider 4x4 w/o the off road pkg if that combination is available....guess it just depends on your personal preference on ride quality and how much on road/off road driving you do....Either way I suggest you test drive trucks with and w/o Off Road and see for yourself which one you like best...GL...keep on truckin.

NITAT

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 15 2004 at 9:15am | IP Logged Quote NITAT

I have a 4X2 with the offroad package.  the offroad package was only a $900 option (to the best of my memory).  as for the ride, it is more firm than without the offroad pkg, but personally, that's what i prefer.
Back to Top View NITAT's Profile Search for other posts by NITAT

Cronus
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 15 2004 at 9:36am | IP Logged Quote Cronus

I've got a 4x4 with the off-raod pkg. Boy, did they see me coming. It does ride a little stiff until you get it off-road. I swear it's like a smile appears on the truck as soon as it leaves the pavement. I say if your going to buy a new truck anyway, you should get it with everything you like. I do agree with thepuffman, test dirve each to be sure.

My Titan @ SLLAR.com
Back to Top View Cronus's Profile Search for other posts by Cronus Visit Cronus's Homepage

IQ9*

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 15 2004 at 12:37pm | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

You should test drive and see, we did and got the turck without the offroad package. Are you sure the Off Raod package uses Bilstiens? I remember seeing Ranchos on the one we test drove. That in itself would make me rethink the Offroad package as I have had bad luck with Racncho products in the past.

stitch
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 15 2004 at 12:53pm | IP Logged Quote stitch

I have the KC 4x4 wothout the off road. Mine rides quite well on pavement and on dirt roads. I test drove a CC w/o Off road and a KC WITH OR. I swear the CC wo off road rode really rough and stiff vs. the OR KC. very strange. 

Have come to realize that what I test drove probably had the tires pumped up to 50 psi. They come off the transport trucks with really high tire pressure.

Make sure whatever you test drive has the proper tire pressure - it makes a big diff in how the truck drives. 

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 15 2004 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

Very good suggestion Stitch...I drove my Titan 3 weeks before checking my pressure...had 45 lbs all around.

ecbmxer

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 15 2004 at 10:15pm | IP Logged Quote ecbmxer

Yea the shocks are rachos I typed blisteins for some reason. I am definitally going to test drive both also. With the SE to get the off road it makes you get an additional $1000 package. I wish I could just get the off road. I am actually leaning toward the non-off road now. Just a plain old 4x4 SE KC w/ bedliner and floormats.  I thought I really wanted the locker as well, but you don't see that many full size trucks with it anyway, so I don't think I would miss it. The other thing that concerns me is the strange tire size with those 18" rims. Not many AT tires avalable in that size. Maybe a BFG AT tire but i'm not sure.

Anybody done any 'wheeling with the non-off road Titan. If so how did it do?

Thanks!

Back to Top View ecbmxer's Profile Search for other posts by ecbmxer

stitch
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 16 2004 at 1:35pm | IP Logged Quote stitch

I considered both std. and off road in the KC body style. I then considered what I was really going to doing with the truck. I mean REALLY doing with it 99% of the time and what I could add (or take off) later on.

For me, On Road, lots of interstate, WINTER, some dirt/gravel roads, tow the snowmobiles, haul $hit from the Home Depot. That added up to dropping the off- road package because I wanted the VDC, Tow pack,side air bags and the bit tighter steering from the 18" rim/tire combo.

I can add Rancho's or whatever shock I want by the time my OE's wear out, I can get BFG AT's in 286/65/18's, I could add another skid plate - but the deer hit further up!  The e-locker is nice but if I'm that buried in the mud then a winch is better.

Titanman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 16 2004 at 9:39pm | IP Logged Quote Titanman

Im Pretty sure The offroad package comes with 17 inch rims and 32 1/2 inch tires

Has anyone Seen any Winch mounting kits for the titan yet>>?????????????

Back to Top View Titanman's Profile Search for other posts by Titanman

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version