Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Rattles in Dash and Interior Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
gduke

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 21 2004 at 1:57pm | IP Logged Quote gduke

I was going to see if anyone else is having these problems.  I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!  I am at about 3100 miles and every aspect of this truck is great, EXCEPT.  I have a rattle coming from my dash.  I thought it was the instruments, but it sounds as if it is coming from directly behind them.  I, also am experiencing a rattle coming from inside one of the back doors as well.  I have a king cab SE.  I haven't taken it in yet for my first oil change at 3700, so I will say some thing then.  I wanted to know if anybody else has had these problems and, if they had any comments, suggestions, or tips. 

Thanks,

gduke

Back to Top View gduke's Profile Search for other posts by gduke

IQ9*

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 21 2004 at 6:48pm | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

I have arattle in the back and it is going in on friday. I'll let you know what they say.

jmacougar
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 21 2004 at 10:13pm | IP Logged Quote jmacougar

My most annoying rattle comes from the passenger side door. It's where the door panel touches the door frame. I can tap my passenger window down and it will stop. DRIVES ME NUTS! I also have another one from inside the dash, possibly the firewall, that I only hear when I accelerate.

Back to Top View jmacougar's Profile Search for other posts by jmacougar

alaskanspawn

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Sep 28 2004 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote alaskanspawn

I've had my Titan since February and have had several rattles.  The first was in the dash kind of in front of the passenger seat area, turns out there was a loose nut on the air conditioner...simple fix (was extremely annoying faint ticking noise).  The second was more of a creak/squeak, passenger seat was making the noise...dealership ordered a new seat and will replace it when I get a chance to take it in.  Lastly some rattling noise was coming from the rear seat, turns out that the rear seat was not completely latched in place. 

I've had the stereo receiver replaced to correct the stereo/mono issue that many people have had.

I really love the truck and don't mind so much all the minor issues, it's a first year new model for Nissan, tis bound to have some glitches

Back to Top View alaskanspawn's Profile Search for other posts by alaskanspawn

IQ9*

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 28 2004 at 7:24pm | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

I have a new rattle. The Recall on the raer seatbelts was preformed and now the passenger isde belt makes a thumping sound. We wraped the buckle and it still does it. We idi not have this before the recall

Cronus
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 01 2004 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote Cronus

I have a plastic on plastic rubbing sound some times from both the gauge lens cover behind the stearing wheel and from the drivers seat belt buckle of all places. It's not bad and not frequent enough to complain about.

My Titan @ SLLAR.com
Back to Top View Cronus's Profile Search for other posts by Cronus Visit Cronus's Homepage

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 01 2004 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

I'm goin in tomorrow for the seatbelt recall..said it would take 1 1/2 hours ...I hope mine dont rattle afterwards....I have been lucky so far I guess, cuz I havent had any problems with my Titan since I bought it. No one ever sits in my backseat....I was tempted to just leave the recall alone, but I figured someday I will trade it in and the next owner might have kids riding back there.

gduke

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Oct 06 2004 at 3:12pm | IP Logged Quote gduke

Well, I took my truck in for the first check up/ oil change today.  I told them about the dash and the door rattles.  I also am having the seat belt done as well.  He did say something about there being more recalls out?????  I will keep you guys updated on the situation and let you know if it gets better or worse.

Back to Top View gduke's Profile Search for other posts by gduke

IQ9*

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 06 2004 at 3:36pm | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

Find out what other recalls ther are....I bet it will be brakes just like the Skylines.

B.D.C.

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 07 2004 at 6:39pm | IP Logged Quote B.D.C.

We had a very bad rattle from the dash and a slight rattle from the back door panels.  In our case the dash rattle was the VIN Plate.  One side was not securely riveted and sounded just as if an ink pen was caught between the windscreen and dash.  That required the windscreen to be pulled to rivet the plate back in place.  The rattle in the back has yet to be completely fixed.  The dealer has pulled the panels and reinstalled with no success.  After further investigating, I believe it to be a plastic on plastic tack type sound.  In other words, I think the door panel is sticking to the plastic sheet used to seal the door.  I was able to alter its intensity by pulling off the cup holder (pulls straight up to remove), pulling the panel out and stuffing a piece of thin foam rubber between the panel and the seal.  I’m still working on my rear doors but it’s a lot better now.  A good friend just purchased a new Frontier King Cab and has the exact same noise.  I hope this helps, sounds like we all have similar annoying noises in our new trucks.  We had our Titan now for about 2 months with just over 800 miles. 

B.D.C.

Back to Top View B.D.C.'s Profile Search for other posts by B.D.C.

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version