Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Magical tire Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
puddlejumper

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 23 2004 at 11:07pm | IP Logged Quote puddlejumper

I have had my Titan for a month and it has been to the dealer twice for an intermittent tire leak. I noticed the tire being low the minute I purchased it and I brought it up to the dealer, he said not a problem, just bring it in and he would take care of it. I actually heard air hissing from the tire. Well to make a long story short, I drove it for a week and it held pressure...no leaks, then boom, the indicator lamp on the dash comes on and sure enough the same tire is low. Bring it in the dealership and the tech keeps it for 3 days... no leak. I get the truck back, drive it for a week without incident and sure enough it starts leaking again. The think I am nuts! I told them to check the transducer on the inside of the rim and the dude just looks at me with this blank stare. I am starting to get a little p@@sed off! To add insult to injury they give me this dinky cavalier as a loaner!

Back to Top View puddlejumper's Profile Search for other posts by puddlejumper

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 23 2004 at 11:23pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

Yeah, that sounds like my luck, cant ever recreate the problem when you need to...shoulda made them give you an Altima as a loaner....keep on truckin 

puddlejumper

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 27 2004 at 8:55am | IP Logged Quote puddlejumper

Got my Titan back after its little 4 day visit at the stealership. The problem never presented itself to them. They took the right tire from the right rim and installed it onto the left rim and gave it back to me.  All I can say is there is not a better way to start off the new work week than starting it off  with a FLAT tire!  New tire on order, yipee!

IQ9*

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 29 2004 at 3:34pm | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

Glad they are replacing the Tire. I have yet to get a loaner car. I spent last friday sitting in the dealership for 6 hours. They said they would put 2 techs on the truck:one for the radio and one for the seat. Each job takes 3 hours and I was not offered anything. They never offer me anything but a one way trip on the shuttle. How would I get back?? 

puddlejumper

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 29 2004 at 4:42pm | IP Logged Quote puddlejumper

Man IQ9 that would suck! I start to go stir crazy after an hour of sitting in the dealership waiting room!

More news on this tire thing. Dude from the dealership calls me and states that BF Goodrich would take the tire back this ONE time with no charge. The dealership service tech tells me that he had to pull strings in order to get it replaced free of charge. What kind of bullsh** is that? The dang tire was freaking flat before I signed the papers!  First of the service tech is being pretty cool, seems like a nice guy.  That was Monday, the rep tells me it will be ready Wednesday. So I call him... this is funny... the tire place that is handling the tire replacement sent the WRONG tire to BF Goodrich... not once but TWICE! Then they send a rep from the tire service up to Chicago with the right tire and to top it off BF Goodrich gives them the WRONG tire! I just cant believe this crap!  Now I dont get the truck back till tomorrow, no big deal, But now I am paranoid... jeez if they cant handle a simple tire exchange how will they handle something serious?!?!?

IQ9*

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 30 2004 at 12:38am | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

That does start to rasie seroius questions. I have the Goodyears...like thats any better

Cronus
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 30 2004 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote Cronus

I noticed in the official technical bullitens that there was an issue with the seal on the sensors inside the tire and that the seals needed to be replaced.

I too have experianced low tire pressure. I'm bring this to the attention to the dealer on my next service this weekend.

My Titan @ SLLAR.com
Back to Top View Cronus's Profile Search for other posts by Cronus Visit Cronus's Homepage

puddlejumper

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 01 2004 at 9:08am | IP Logged Quote puddlejumper

I had brought that technical bulletin (sensor o-ring) up to the service manager at the stealership... it was not the cause for my low tire pressure. We isolated the problem... definately defective tire. I got the Titan back yesterday afternoon, I drove at about a 75 mile an hour clip all the way home. The entire time I was driving home I noticed it was driving rough! It was sunny out and I just assumed that they put too much air in the tires again. I get home and do my normal routine... inspection of the truck, checked tire pressures which were all normal, made sure that all valve stem caps were installed, center caps were installed. I get back in the truck and sure enough they had the truck in 4 WHEEL HIGH! I couldnt see the notice on the dash cause it was too sunny (glare) What the hell man... now I know when I dropped it off it wasnt in 4 wheel high, so here I am cruising down the interstate at 75 on dry pavement in 4 wheel drive. Now I dont know why they would of put in 4 wheel maybe thinking it was a control for the air conditioner or what! Oh ya so far I have picked up some nice scratches on my front left fender and a pretty nice scratch on my right front bumper... ALL AT THE DEALERSHIP! Nice customer service... they should advertise ya bring in your brand new truck and we will make it look like its been sitting in the front row of  the local Wal-Mart for a week... ding ding ding. To top it off they are the only Nissan dealership within 69 miles

IQ9*

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 01 2004 at 4:31pm | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

Damn that sucks

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version