Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

General
 Nissan Titan Forums : General
Subject Topic: Help me decide Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ecbmxer

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 09 2004 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote ecbmxer

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I am going to be getting a titan in the future here. I am currently debating between the XE and the SE. I really like the bucket seats and the center consol as well as the power conveniences. I just was wondering what you guys with XE's and SE's had to say about them. Like do you really wish you had the power windows/locks/keyless, etc. The interior convenieces are the main selling points for me not the chrome exterior accents. I am getting the off road package either way, so the wheels don't make a difference. Also does the XE have air vents for the rear passengers or is that only w/ the center console on the SE. Thanks alot and sorry for the long post, just trying to make sure I get what I really want.

ecbmxer

Back to Top View ecbmxer's Profile Search for other posts by ecbmxer

Kevante

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 09 2004 at 5:24pm | IP Logged Quote Kevante

sorry i can't really help I went with the LE

critter
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Oct 10 2004 at 9:48pm | IP Logged Quote critter

i also have the LE.  I would personally go with the SE i couldn't go with the LE.  You'd probably miss some of the creature comforts if you have had them on your past vehicles.  good luck

earlofcrankcase

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 11 2004 at 10:56pm | IP Logged Quote earlofcrankcase

Think critter ment XE. Creature comforts? Roll your own? It's all how you look at it. The redundant audio controls are cool though. I use them all the time. This feature has been a significant factor in my enjoyment of the truck. Second only to the exhaust, 5 speed trans, & oh ya THE ENGINE!

I'd check & see if the XE comes with LSD. If it dosn't I'd go XE. Knowing what I do now that alone would have made the choice for me. I have an LE. Only air vent I noticed was the big one in the middle of the back window.

critter
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Oct 11 2004 at 11:23pm | IP Logged Quote critter

no, i meant that if i could not have afforded the LE, I would have gone with the SE over the XE.  I wouldn't have been happy with the XE at all.  sorry, i should have stated that better.

Qship
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 12 2004 at 7:06am | IP Logged Quote Qship

I was looking at the XE because of the savings between that and the SE.  However, my buddy and wife talked me out of the XE.

Their thinking was if you're going to spend the money, get what you want.  After awhile, rolling down the windows and manually adjusting the outside mirrors would have gotten old for me.

Plus I got a great deal on the SE.

Back to Top View Qship's Profile Search for other posts by Qship

earlofcrankcase

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 13 2004 at 12:28am | IP Logged Quote earlofcrankcase

Reads I couldn't go with the le. Yet you own one, hence my confusion.

I thought maybe the plasticy sounding shifter, & the finicky windows had you bugged. Their not that big a deal to me. Wish I could have got a rubber floor though. Sooner or later the new is going to ware off & she'll have to go to work for real.

If you read your own post. There is a edit icon at the bottom.

BigD

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 13 2004 at 12:43am | IP Logged Quote BigD

I agree with Qship, go with the higher of the two.  Sure, it costs a little more, but the extras are well worth it.  I also pondered the different options when I was shopping around for my truck.  Finally, I went with the LE instead of SE or XE because all the conveniences and I loved the captain's chairs.  To me, there is no other way to ride.  And when it came down to it, financing a couple extra grand over 5 years didn't up the payments all that much.  You're going to be spending a good amount of money for the turck already, why not spend just alittle extra for the good stuff?  My motto is "never settle".  If you want to be fully happy with what you buy, get the one that has what YOU want. 

earlofcrankcase

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 13 2004 at 1:08am | IP Logged Quote earlofcrankcase

All well & good. It seems to me like the amenities is where the truck starts coming apart though. The bottom line striper still get's the same engine & trans set up.  They still get to here it fire off to the same note. That still gets me  . I dig this truck.

I herd em talking $17900  for an XE on the radio lately. I love mine & some of it is the trinkits. But the reason I bought it was, it bested the rest in performance.  $10000.00  difference?  I think I could handel rolling up the windows if I had a brand new sportbike in the back. Then again you do spend a lot of time in the truck. Nice is good too. When it works.

ecbmxer

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 15 2004 at 4:27pm | IP Logged Quote ecbmxer

Yea, I'm going to go with the SE I think. If I am already gonna spend that much money, I may as well get all the goodies  . Thanks all for the input, it was very helpful. Unfortunately, I am not going to be getting the truck as soon as I thought, but in the next year, maybe they get all the bugs out of it and everything. One more thing, I am going to definitally going to put a nice stereo with some 10" subs and an in dash dvd setup. Do you know if there is a good double din head unit install kit that looks factory or close to it when installed? Thanks again!
Back to Top View ecbmxer's Profile Search for other posts by ecbmxer

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version