Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Lemonade? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
goldengoose

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 13 2004 at 8:21pm | IP Logged Quote goldengoose

I got a lemon

Problems transmission shows R or D when in N, brake pads and rotors - wheel shake, cosmetic problems (5-7), seals, wheels, cylinder knock, vibrations, rattles, A/c smells, A/c not good flow, midconsole seats, pull cord broke, blue discoloration in vehicle appolstery, mud flap came off and service dept fixed with double side stickie tape - looks like you know what, cookie spring in passenger side door broke, they put a 4 inch scratch in paint while ficxing that and then said it pre-existed when it didn't, didn't offer to fix just kept questioning my integrity, steering column piece rattles, A/C rattles or clicks, pass side rattle haven't figured it out. The black tape near the door tore, the seat belts are recalled and if that isn't enough its going to be about the 20th time I've had this mule in the barn and its only 5 1/2 months this has cost in gas and time from work.

I have called US DOT, WIS DOT and retained a lawyer.

I have dealers wanting to take it in but want to charge me for the mileage.

Yet when the dealer takes it in under the lemon law they get full credit. 

This vehicle has been my first and last nissan.  It simply doesn't have the feeling I am looking for. 

They want to give me 17000 for a 25000 truck That is just wrong.

I'll notify the dealer owner and Nissan VP to see if they will do what is right.

Then I'll let everyone know.

Peace

scooter
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 13 2004 at 8:36pm | IP Logged Quote scooter

Sorry bro... I here these stories and it scare the crap outta me! I have some of the same bugs (however not the major ones). I did have the brake pads and rotoors replaced last Satuday after only 5000 Mi. Supposedley they did the (up-date) kit a.k.a. also known in the aoutomobile industry as "we have to fix this before the govenment steps in and makes us recall something." Good luck!

Scott

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 14 2004 at 7:42pm | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

There are always bound to be issues like this with vehicles, especially first year vehicles.  I feel your pain, although it sounds like you are experiencing more than most.  If that is true, then you would "statistically" have one of the rare lemons.

I can't tell you how to handle this situation with your current dealer, your Lawyer should be able to aide with this.  Keep us posted.

I have two 2004 Nissans:
Wife has 2004 Maxima SE that has only been to the dealer twice for minor issues when we first bought it over a year ago and has not been back.

I have a 2004 Titan with a few more issues, but my dealer has been very helpful in getting them all resolved.

I also look to forums like this for feedback and reassurance.  Knowledge is power.  Don't dispair.  If you look at Consumer Reports, you can see Nissan's history is a good one.  This could happen with any manufacturer.

Again, sorry for all your trouble and hope it all gets worked out.  Please keep us posted.

Back to Top View EvilPeppard's Profile Search for other posts by EvilPeppard

scooter
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 14 2004 at 8:55pm | IP Logged Quote scooter

Well said, I still feel like I have the most awsome truck on the market and it being a first year run I expected the bugs.

I guess the key to getting the issues resoved is clear communication with the dealer, which can sometimes be frustrating. Just keep in mind the dealership or none of it's employees built nor designed the vehicle. They are your only hope in most cases. I try my hardest to kill them with kindness, ask for there help and also have one dealership employee that I befriend to have someone in my corner at all times.

I hate that there have been problems especially to the extent that you are having. I have owned a total of 4 Nissan products and have always had great service from them including my wifes '02 Xterra. Hang in there and again try to get the dealership on your side or possibly try taking it to another Nissan dealer and explain you situation. Hang in there! 

earlofcrankcase

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 14 2004 at 9:56pm | IP Logged Quote earlofcrankcase

You join yesterday 10/13 to post This? If you are not a troll. You are the record holder for the most defects in one truck. Either you or we have been goosed. Hope it's us Goose.

Kevante

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 15 2004 at 12:09am | IP Logged Quote Kevante

I ave had my isssues, but damn that sucks. good luck

Mitch

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 15 2004 at 9:53am | IP Logged Quote Mitch

In Colorado the Lemon law states you must have brought the truck to the dealer 12 times for the same problem with out it being resolved. Multiple problems would not Intel a lemon. I guess I have a good service department at my dealer. I've gone in for the following

Bad alignment 1200 miles > dealer corrected it with out a questions tow camber and caster was out from the factory.

Driver window would not roll up after using express down> dealer replaced window motor and regulator

Center console screw holes cracked> Dealer ordered part

Radio volume screwy> they didn't even look at the radio they just ordered me a new one.

It sounds like your dealers service department SUCKS!! Just from the sticky tape comment I would not trust them with my truck ever! There is a service bulliten out for the brake problem so the dealer should fix it with out a question.  I dontt think its the truck or corp Nissan I think your problem is the dealer!

1960 Resto Custom Bug (BOOSTED) 0-60 in 4.0
Back to Top View Mitch's Profile Search for other posts by Mitch Visit Mitch's Homepage

Mitch

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 15 2004 at 10:07am | IP Logged Quote Mitch

The knocking sound you hear is probably your purge valve or the injectors. The injectors on the Titan are very loud.  Just a guess on the AC is the stain in the cab is related to the smell in the AC system, probably due to a water leak or the drain being plugged near the condenser. The linkage in the column needs adjusted to fix your shifter light problem. The cosmetic problems you should of seen before you bought the truck. Again, your dealer service department SUCKS!

1960 Resto Custom Bug (BOOSTED) 0-60 in 4.0
Back to Top View Mitch's Profile Search for other posts by Mitch Visit Mitch's Homepage

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 15 2004 at 12:33pm | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

Mitch wrote:

In Colorado the Lemon law states you must have brought the truck to the dealer 12 times for the same problem with out it being resolved. Multiple problems would not Intel a lemon. I guess I have a good service department at my dealer. I've gone in for the following

Bad alignment 1200 miles > dealer corrected it with out a questions tow camber and caster was out from the factory.

Driver window would not roll up after using express down> dealer replaced window motor and regulator

Center console screw holes cracked> Dealer ordered part

Radio volume screwy> they didn't even look at the radio they just ordered me a new one.

It sounds like your dealers service department SUCKS!! Just from the sticky tape comment I would not trust them with my truck ever! There is a service bulliten out for the brake problem so the dealer should fix it with out a question.  I dontt think its the truck or corp Nissan I think your problem is the dealer!

Actually, the Colorado Lemon Law states 4 times, not 12.

Excerpt from National Lemon Law Center:

"(2) (a) It shall be presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the warranty if:
  • (I) The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer, its agent, or its authorized dealer within the warranty term or during a period of one year following the date of the original delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer, whichever is the earlier date, but such nonconformity continues to exist; or
  • (II) The motor vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of thirty or more business days of the repairer during the term specified in subparagraph (I) of this paragraph (a) or during the period specified in said subparagraph (I), whichever is the earlier date."
Hope that helps clarify things.

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 15 2004 at 12:35pm | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

Mitch wrote:

The knocking sound you hear is probably your purge valve or the injectors. The injectors on the Titan are very loud.  Just a guess on the AC is the stain in the cab is related to the smell in the AC system, probably due to a water leak or the drain being plugged near the condenser. The linkage in the column needs adjusted to fix your shifter light problem. The cosmetic problems you should of seen before you bought the truck. Again, your dealer service department SUCKS!

That may explain the clicking sound I am hearing when I stand near the front driver's tire.  Sounds like lifters clicking.  Hope it really is the fuel injectors.

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version