Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

General
 Nissan Titan Forums : General
Subject Topic: Looking for advice on Titan... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
RedneckBoy

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 31 2004 at 7:00pm | IP Logged Quote RedneckBoy

Hey all,

I was dead set on purchasing a Titan when I saw my first one on the street early in 2004; I said to myself when its time to buy a new vehicle in 2005 the Nissan Titan was going to get my buck.  As I begin to prepare & research for a February purchase, I am reading some concerning issues with the Titan on this forum and others (ie. radio fade, bedliner bubbling, various rattles, etc).  After reading all the problems you guys have ran into, I am beginning to second guess myself regarding the Titan.

I am asking for your reply, both positive and negative experiences alike.  Will the 05 Titan have the bugs worked out?  Will only similar problems arise as new features are added (rear window in CC)?  Will I be on first name basis with the Nissan Service Manger?   These are just a few concerns that I am worried about if I purchase a 2005 Titan. 

Thank you for your reply!

Back to Top View RedneckBoy's Profile Search for other posts by RedneckBoy

Kevante

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 31 2004 at 10:52pm | IP Logged Quote Kevante

If you are looking for the best truck on the road, you have found it. I have had my 04 titan for 8 months. I have had alot of the 1st yr problems but nothing major that was a big issue. The titan is the biggest baddest truck made today.

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 31 2004 at 11:46pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

RedneckBoy wrote:

...... After reading all the problems you guys have ran into, I am beginning to second guess myself regarding the Titan.

I am asking for your reply, both positive and negative experiences alike.......

See my reply here http://www.nissantitan.info/forum_posts.asp?TID=897&PN=1  to a similar question.  Although I'm sure what you've read on this forum leads you to conclude there are a lot of problems/ negative issues with the Titan, keep in mind that the members here may not be a true representative of Titan owners as a whole. We that take the time to even post on such a forum might very well be a more discerning bunch than most, and therefore, it is possible some of our complaints might not even be considered noteworthy by others.

I realize this forum is more than merely a complaint center, but it seems to me that we humans find it easier to make the effort to write or talk about something when we are upset or have a problem....(when all is well, it doesn't seem to cross our minds as often) ...Want to test my theory?...work 30 minutes late one day this week, then come in 30 minutes late the next day...see which one gets the most attention...lol 

Prior to purchasing the Titan, I had a Rodeo. The first week I owned my Rodeo, (when it still had that "new car" smell and made me smile every time I slid behind the wheel), I began to visit a Rodeo forum on the web....I was horrified...It seemed like so many people had so many problems. I can honestly say that if I had found that forum before I purchased the Rodeo, I never would have....lol Now maybe I was just lucky, but I never had any of the problems that I read about the Rodeo, and as of yet, none with my Titan. I do not doubt those who post here that have had problems, but I do encourage you to do your own research. (there is tons of info on the web)...test drive 3-4 different Titans with different features....ie the Off-Road pkg rides VERY different from a standard 4X2 w/o it.....GL ...keep on truckin 

scooter
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 01 2004 at 11:20am | IP Logged Quote scooter

I, like some of the others have had a few of the first year bugs as minor as they are. Overall, I couldn't be happier with this truck. Like anything man made it will always have a few quirks. Looking at all the other trucks on the market I am sure they too have some of the same issues. In short... if I had to make the choice to buy a Titan or something else I would without a doubt buy the Titan again and again. Hope this helps.

RedneckBoy

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 01 2004 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote RedneckBoy

Thanks guys for the quick responses.  Anyone else care to comment....its been a huge help so far

jbt308

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Nov 01 2004 at 3:08pm | IP Logged Quote jbt308

Here's the way I look at it. I haven't owned my Titan for very long, but in the end, it's about statistics. My families owned ~5 Nissans in the past 15 years, and all of them have been good cars. If you buy a Nissan you are far less likely to go in to have some sort of manufacturer related repairs then lets say, a GM. That's just a fact. Sure, there are things that will go wrong, and yes, some people will get a bad truck/car now and again. But the fact is, you're taking a much lower chance with a Nissan. I'm only basing that on my own empirical data, but the fact is, my buddy bought a Chevy Silverado 1500, and 2 weeks late, his whole center console stopped working. I'm on week 2 with my Titan, and no problems. Hell, I'm a head of the game!
Back to Top View jbt308's Profile Search for other posts by jbt308

stitch
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 01 2004 at 3:16pm | IP Logged Quote stitch

I've had mine since June, factory ordered it. Had a few minor interior trim issues - cracked OH console and a warped piece of weatherstrip and the radio was replaced. Everything was handled by the dealer - no problems.

The rear diff was a little low on fluid so I dumped it and changed to M1 75W90.

That's it. Other than that it runs it runs like a gas turbine and gets about 16.5 on most highway trips @about 75MPH.

It's rides quiet,don't shake,bang or squeek  - I'm very happy with it.

No it's not perfect but it's a give and take issue. When I can buy something with Toyota reliability, a F150 interior, the Dodge looks and Nissans motor and trans -I'll be first at the door.

RedneckBoy

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 01 2004 at 3:42pm | IP Logged Quote RedneckBoy

Well, I think I'm on the band wagon again with the Titan.  I am completely amazed that with the problems you guys have had, you still will give it a thumbs up!  I haven't test driven one yet, but it must be a delight to drive the way you have all responded.  Thank you for setting me straight with my uncertainty on the Titan.

I was very happy to hear that "stitch" gets 16.5 mpg on highway as all I drive is express way into work (about 90 miles a day to and from).  In addition, I agree with "jbt308" Nissan has a track record for excellence........maybe that will catch up with the Titan.

I'll keep truckin'

TO BE: CC, LE, 4 x 4, soft tonneau (undecided in color..RED ALERT/SMOKE/GALAXY BLACK)

scooter
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 01 2004 at 7:29pm | IP Logged Quote scooter

Do yourself a favor drive the other trucks you have been considering and THEN go drive a Titan, the difference to me was truly amazing. I drove the GMC, F150 and the Tundra... Titan hands down!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version